Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Films Have You Watched This Week - The Sequel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd say Howard could have sold beefy. We just didn't get to see that side in IM1. Howard has more power. Cheadle always looks like he's about to cry. He's a good actor but he's better with the weaker 'about to cry' roles, like the character he played in ER.

They should have given Howard what he wanted. IM2 would have been a much stronger film if we felt the continuity of his character in that movie and really bought that Rhodes and Stark were good friends.

Comment

I just don't felt the film gave them the opportunity to be friends at all, they were both kind of on opposite sides half the time in IM2.

Cheed looked like he was ready to go into a full on facepalm during most scenes.

Comment

Yep you're right. But that's all the more reason we could have done with the continuity across both films. Because they replaced the actor, it was hard to think of Cheadle as being the same guy as Howard and so maybe they should have written in more of their friendship at the start. You're right though, they were opposite each other from the very start of the movie.

Comment

Well RDJ is reportedly going to get $50m for Avengers 2 which is more then most of his co-stars salary combined FFS. Marvel needed to man up and keep continuity with the actors. Howard may have been difficult to work with but his chemistry with RDJ was great. Cheadle . . . . . less so. The guy doesnt belong in a superhero movie full stop. He should bugger off and make Hotel Rwanda 2 or summin.

Comment

Patriot Games
            Still one of favorite films from that period, cements Ford in the role of Ryan, and gave us Sean Bean in his first real major role. Whilst its seriously dated now (as with Hunt for Red October) it still shows a great glimpse of things used to be like ,politically anyway.

Clear and Present Danger
            My personal favorite of the Clancy films simply because it has the best 'Clancy' feel to it than the rest. A slow burner certainly, but I much prefer this to all the other Ryan films. Earl Jones is superb as always, and you get Defoe into the mix as well, whats not to like! Also the confrontation at the end of the film with the President is still a superb scene, which always sticks in my mind. They don't make em like this anymore sadly.

Rise of the Planet of the Apes
            Not a bad film by any means, and serves its purpose to introducing how the Apes came into being, however it wasn't anything spectacular and didn't really leave an impression one way or the other really. The CGI apes were impressive though, although I think they may have spent their entire budget on that as there were some seriously ropey effects peppered throughout.

Contact
            Still great after all these years, a real thinking man's sci-fi film.

Comment

Originally posted by originalbadboy View Post
              Contact
              Still great after all these years, a real thinking man's sci-fi film.
              Oh yes. It gets better with every viewing. I wasn't quite as impressed by the book, but the film is pretty near perfect for me.

Comment

Superman: Unbound
                **** YOU!

Comment

^

Cancel the pre-order then?

I was quite looking forward to Unbound. :/

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                    ^

Cancel the pre-order then?

I was quite looking forward to Unbound. :/
                    If you have read the short comic, you will notice the awful padding and the absolutely poor change decisions. The art style doesn't help either.

Comment

Iron Man 3. Oh lordy. Will post my impressions in the Iron Man 3 thread.

Comment

Is that a good or bad "Oh, Lordy"?!

Comment

Just finishing off Gentlemen Broncos, its bloody weird with only the odd funny bit. Like a much worse Napoleon Dynamite.

Comment

It's OK, in a whimsical kind-of-way.

The best bit was the opening credits!

'Classic' science fiction illustrations repurposed as faux forgotten novels, exhibited on sentimental backgrounds, color each credit for the opening title sequence of Jared Hess' very funny Gentlemen Broncos.We had the opportunity to speak with Hess about his films and their unique openings. Our interview continues next week with musings on his feature film debut, Napoleon Dynamite.

Comment

I really enjoyed bits of it, personally I think it should of been more of Dr Ronald Chevelier

Comment

I feel it's worth pointing out that Commando is just starting on ITV HD. Happy days.

Comment

Working...
                                X