No announcement yet.

Battlestar Galactica........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a little disappointed that we appear to have seen the end of crazy Baltar, from now on it would appear to be as I expected, and he has shacked up with the Cylons like the guy in the original series.

But what an ending!

Comment

Thinking back over that final scene in the CIC, I think

the Cylon in Boomer only took over temporarily to shoot Commander Adama. I seem to remember seeing a brief shot of her face after she's been tackled to the floor, and she almost looks puzzled, as if to she's thinking "What just happened?" One thing's for sure, she won't be trusted anymore.

Also, thinking about it, her co-pilot never found out where her helmet went, so she might start putting pieces together.

Curiousity question: Was there a breathable atmosphere in that baseship? Or did she just not need to breath at that point?

I didn't tape the final episode, so I can't check my speculation. If anyone has, could you check that final scene and PM me about it?

Thanks.
      Last edited by Vanicent; 25-01-2005, 17:57. Reason: fixed spoiler tag usage

Comment

Vanicent

It may pan out that Boomer shot Adama as a human would shoot a Cylon. Remember that it's been hinted one of the Adamas is a Cylon. Boomer the 'puzzled' Cylon may have become totally human for a wee minute and shot what she knows to be another Cylon.
        I got the impression the atmosphere in the Cylon mothership would have killed humans, but not Cylons (obviously), why else remove Boomer's helmet at all. I seen nothing to suggest Baltar was off and running with the Cylons though. I assumed he'd go back to the downed shuttle. Are we saying the blonde Cylon on Cobol was a real Cylon and not in Baltar's head?

Comment

Ian(not Ian):

If you're right about the atmosphere of the Cylon ship, then Boomer's co-pilot might get a little suspicious as to why she didn't have a helmet after returning to the Raptor. Also, the fact that Boomer told her "don't look back" might have her wondering too.

As for the other idea, I don't think she'd be shooting Adama thinking he was a Cylon. After all, the only person in the fleet who suspects this (as far as I'm aware) is Roslin, after that other Cylon whispered it to her before being spaced. If that's so, unless one of the other Boomer's on the ship told her, somehow, there's no way she could even suspect it and shoot him because of it.

Finally, I don't know about the Number Six on Kobol, as I don't think there was anything that indicated she was real (correct me if I'm wrong), I was just assuming she was in his head again. The cathedral was clearly in his head, as we saw the ruins of that before he went inside it.

Comment

How about this:

Thinking about something that was said a few shows ago. That they are repeating history and have all been here before. What if EVERYONE is a Cylon?

Just that some are closer to humans and others closer to machine. They create this war, this genocide to somehow force evolution of the species.

Why else would the president be able to see thoughts projected by the Cylons? Why do the Cylons let the 'humans' live? Could they be somehow forcing them to become more resilient, more resourceful, more emotional during a time of crisis?

Then again I am probably wrong. Roll on season 2.
            Last edited by MartyG; 26-01-2005, 08:03. Reason: spoiler tags sorted out

Comment

Partly in relation to what giogi said:

Could that comment about 'repeating history' have been a reference to the original series somehow? (ignoring Galactica 1980, or whatever it was called, where they did find Earth)

Hypothetically: they could have defeated the Cylons centuries ago, and failed to find Earth, so they resettled the Colonies elsewhere, and then built the Cylons themselves based on history that someone remembered from a story an ancestor told, instead of the reptilian race doing it, and caused a repeat of history that way.

Now, as before, the Cylons have wiped out the Colonies, so a refugee fleet is trying to find Earth again. A cycle of events repeated throughout history.

As long as they don't find Earth, it could go on and on until the universe ended.

Comment

Good one Giogi.
                No need for Boomer's co-pilot to be suspicious. Boomer's in the **** either way.....Shot Adama for one, only the reason is important now. Rumbled by Starbuck for another.

Here's another one....

Although we know one of the Adamas is a Cylon (prolly) It needn't be dad. Think back to Apollo single-handedly destroying the Cylon mining base. The base was indeed destroyed, but the actual missile strike wasn't shown, only the missile being fired.

Comment

That's a possibility Vanicent, except in the original series they do finally find Earth.

Mmmm? It certainbly makes you think, more than most sci-fi.

Comment

hmmm...

we don't *know* adama younger or elder is a cylon. the cylon that indicated that to rosilin was more than capable of lying...

not everyone can be a cylon. "there are only twelve cylon models". that's also a major loose end - who sent adama that message?

technically, they didn't find earth in the first series. they made a second series with very few of the original cast where they found earth. it lasted about 6 episodes, because it was ****e.

you'll remember it for the hoverbikes that could turn invisible & the annoying albino kid with the brain of a super computer.

Comment

I might have said this before, so I apologise if I'm repeating myself, but I reckon Baltar sent Adama the note about there being 12 models, as he was the only person (as far as we know) who knew that fact.

Regarding the "twelve models", was it ever specified if this meant "twelve human models" specifically or "twelve Cylon models" generally?

Comment

So, Vanicent, if there are 12 different Cylon models then that would be:

Old foot soldier model
                        New foot soldier model
                        Human Model
                        Cylon Raider Ship Model
                        BaseStar? (Would this be a single cylon too.)
                        The 'real' humans (in my theory)
                        Some kind of leader?

and whatever else. Could be.
                        Last edited by MartyG; 26-01-2005, 08:03. Reason: spoiler tags sorted out

Comment

Originally posted by Vanicent
                          I might have said this before, so I apologise if I'm repeating myself, but I reckon Baltar sent Adama the note about there being 12 models, as he was the only person (as far as we know) who knew that fact.

Regarding the "twelve models", was it ever specified if this meant "twelve human models" specifically or "twelve Cylon models" generally?
                          ha! that's just even *more* intriguing: why would baltar do that? we know he's more than happy to keep critical information to himself...

my thinking is that the 12 includes the shiny silver robo-like cylons. but i have no rational basis for believing that! i like the idea that as the raiders / base ships are

organic & they could therefore be numbered in the twelve... makes a lot of sense.

don't forget GOD... might be a cylon too!

Comment

No dissing the series with the flying bikes - they were the coolest thing ever! In fact the series where Galactica was in orbit around Earth is probably the most memorable of them from my childhood (even if only cos I was too young to remember the first series clearly). I hope they don't choose to ignore that part in the remake. If it continues.

Comment

WEll well well, wellity wellity well.

You couldn't have wrapped up, then unwrapped all those loose ends quite so well. Kudos.

I reckon

They'll incarcarate BoomerV1 and keep BoomerV2 from caprica once Helo and Starbuck get back.

But as for the rest of it. WHO KNOWS

Helluva ending.

Comment

That would get a little confusing Jibber.

Anyway, I reckon the 12 Cylon models includes the following:

- Number Six
                                - Boomer
                                - The 'weapons dealer'. Also the one who told Roslin that "Adama is a Cylon".
                                - Aaron Doral (the publicist in the mini series who Baltar also picked as a scapegoat)
                                - The Cylon Raiders (as giogi said, they are partially organic)
                                - The Cylon baseships (as they look partially organic on the inside too)
                                - The original Cylon centurions (original series Cylons)
                                - The new model centurions (new series Cylons)
                                - Colonel Tigh's wife (as her appearance is a bit sudden and suspicious)
                                - Baltar (hunch on my part)

I have no idea beyond that.

So, does anyone have any idea as to the other two models?

Comment

Working...
                                X