No announcement yet.

Official F1/Motorsport thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mad Max is only contracted until October 2009 IIRC. And he stated he's going to step down then.

Comment

Yeah, it says in the initial BBC article. If he lost he'd step down immediately, if he won he'd step down at the end of his current tenure.

Comment

He's finished anyway. Maybe he should disappear quietly as after all he has won the vote of confidence so he can go on his terms.

Comment

Why do high-up business people always 'step down' from their role? I wan't to see them get fired! Like in The Apprentice.

Comment

Canadian Grand Prix on ITV

Live qualifying Saturday 7 June 1715-1915 ITV1

Qualifying re-run Sunday 8 June 1325-1525 ITV4

Live race Sunday 8 June 1705-2000 ITV1

Highlights Sunday 8 June 2345-0045 ITV1

Highlights re-run Monday 9 June 1800-1900 ITV4

Looking forward to this one, I like the Canadian race usually.

Comment

Should be good weekend with the F1 and the MotoGP, but does anyone know what happened to the GP2? They were meant to be at Valencia last weekend but there was no sign of it on ITV4. I thought they might have been holding it back to double bill it with the F1 since they are normally on the same weekends, but I checked the ITV4 listings on Sky and still can't see it.

I did a Google search to see if I could find any info regarding coverage of it, but the latest discussions I found were just about the Monaco races and I've not seen any rips of it on the net so I assume ITV didn't show it during the week either. Would be most grateful if anyone can enlighten me on the situation as I'm scared to look too deep into it for fear of finding out the results before seeing it!

Comment

Official calendar from the GP2 site is:
                26th – 27th April
                Barcelona, Spain

10th – 11th May
                Istanbul, Turkey

23rd – 24th May
                Monte-Carlo, Monaco

21st – 22nd June
                Magny-Cours, France

5th – 6th July
                Silverstone, Great-Britain

19th – 20th July
                Hockenheim, Germany

2nd – 3rd August
                Budapest, Hungary

23rd – 24th August
                Spain, Valencia

6th – 7th September
                Spa-Francorchamps, Belgium

13th – 14th September
                Monza, Italy

I see no mention of Valencia in May/June. Don't think you've missed anything. No race this w/e obv as they don't do flyaway races.

Thanks for the motoGP heads up though. I didn't even know it was on!

MotoGP on the BBC
                Saturday 7 June

Qualifying
                1245-1400, BBCi and BBC Sport website

Sunday 8 June

125cc & 250cc races
                0945-1215, BBCi and BBC Sport website

Race live
                1230-1400, BBC TWO and BBC Sport website

MotoGP Extra
                1400-1430, BBCi and BBC Sport website

Problem is I may be at Silverstone watching the Renault World Series on Sunday. Don't think the MotoGP and F1 will all fit on 1 DVD if I record both!
                Last edited by Alastair; 05-06-2008, 15:04.

Comment

I do like these early evening (UK time) races, and it is usually an interesting race in Canada, come on Ferrari.

Oh and extended/long play on the DVD recorder will sort you out Al

Comment

I like the tea time races too, much easier for me to swing the time to actually watch them live.

My old DVD recorder only did 4/5 hrs max I think but that has been replaced by a ritzy one now so I'll have to check the max on that one. Surely the quality will be pap though on hyper-mega-long-play or whatever the options called?

Comment

Quality should be OK on the 4 hour setting - you should need about an hour for the Moto GP, so leaves three hours for the F1. Sorted.

Think ours has a 6 hour setting but quality does tail off must admit.

Comment

I like the Canada Grand Prix. I just had a go on F1 '06 to remind me of how the track flows; I love that close wall that everyone hits on that last shicane.

Comment

The wall of champions, or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Alastair View Post
                            I see no mention of Valencia in May/June. Don't think you've missed anything. No race this w/e obv as they don't do flyaway races.
                            Thanks, ITV must have updated their website, when I checked it the other day Valencia was definitely there, but according to Wikipedia (which I didn't check before because of the results) there has been a change to the schedule as the GP2 will now race at the Valencia street circuit with the F1

Comment

Originally posted by Richard.John View Post
                              The wall of champions, or something like that.
                              Indeed, hopefully it'll claim 'Nando this w/e

Comment

Very possibly, Alastair. I reckon Kimi is a better bet though. I wish FA was in that Ferrari though. A BMW wouldn't be bad either. Renault is dragging him down.

Comment

Working...
                                X