No announcement yet.

Official F1/Motorsport thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubica in 5th should move to 3rd I should imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
      Kubica in 5th should move to 3rd I should imagine.

Comment

I thought Alonso be moving up to 3rd? Or is that how you want the grid to look like?

Comment

The revised provisional grid:
          1. Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari
          2. Felipe Massa, Ferrari
          3. Fernando Alonso, Renault
          4. Jarno Trulli, Toyota
          5. Robert Kubica, BMW Sauber
          6. Mark Webber, Red Bull
          7. David Coulthard, Red Bull
          8. Timo Glock, Toyota
          9. Nelson Piquet, Renault
          10. Heikki Kovalainen, McLaren
          11. Nick Heidfeld, BMW Sauber
          12. Sebastian Vettel, Toro Rosso
          13. Lewis Hamilton, McLaren
          14. Sebastien Bourdais, Toro Rosso
          15. Kazuki Nakajima, Williams
          16. Jenson Button, Honda
          17. Rubens Barrichello, Honda
          18. Giancarlo Fisichella, Force India
          19. Adrian Sutil, Force India
          20. Nico Rosberg, Williams

Comment

Go DC!

Missed qualifying due to playing golf, but am looking forward to the race. Alonso or Trulli are bound not to finish paving the way for DC to get a decent points finish again.

Comment

Originally posted by Malc View Post
              I thought Alonso be moving up to 3rd? Or is that how you want the grid to look like?
              No I meant in the race. I'm kind of rooting for Kubica this season!

Comment

It was nice to see Truli up on the podium today! Shame about the guy at Toyota dieing.

Comment

Yeah I thought it was a very fitting tribute have Trulli up on the podium today, was also glad to see Massa winning as opposed to Raikonnen.

Did anyone watch the MotoGP? Not sure Toseland's home Grand Prix could've gone any worse! As much as I hate Lorenzo, have to say he did a pretty impressive job coming from last to 6th, although not quite as impressive as the GP2 sprint race winner Buemi, who started in 21st!

Comment

Not much chat about the French GP.

Any thoughts on that Ferrari being allowed to circulate with a broken exhaust tail pipe?

Personally I thought it was dangerous, and the fact that it did fly off proved it wasn't tethered well enough to last the race - Very risky leaving him out in my view, if that had hit a following driver on the napper, he would be seriously hurt, if not dead.

I noticed they where very quick to let Massa past

What about Lewis and his blast at the British media - Indeed why should he be bothered about the media when they print crap (that was his words right?) but thanks for telling us anyway Lewis

Also quite comical to see him compare himself to being a legend by talking about how legends come through the pack to win - Where did Lewis finish again?

Oh and don't you guys, and I mean the proper f1 fans feel patronised by the ITV coverage - Again we had to sit and listen to how Lewis would be the sole beneficiary if it rained - It was rather comical.

On the subject of Lewis (poor lewis) what about that move - No doubts in my mind, that he held the position by cutting the chicane, and how the hell Ron Dennis (who drops in my estimation every month) and I quote: "We just told race control that, it was our opinion he was past before he got squeezed off the circuit"

SQUEEZED!

This is then compounded by Hamilton who said he didn't come back on track because he would have hit Vettel

How the **** can you get squeezed or hit anyone if you are already past them.

Comment

Enough with the Lewis bashing, it's getting pathetic.

Every word he says is scrutinised and made to look like he's an arsehole. If Hamilton had attempted to stay on after overtaking, he would have had to brake heavily and turn with the corner, resulting in Vettel smashing into the back or side of him. Obviously he done the right thing but cutting the chicane but he and the team should have realised that the position had to be given back so his own fault for getting the penalty in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco View Post
                        Enough with the Lewis bashing, it's getting pathetic.

I agree, some of the negativity surrounding Hamilton is like some sort of medieval witch hunt. I am starting to believe that some folks just want to knock him to make themselves stand out from the crowd.
                        I do understand some of the grievances that folks may have against him, but the way every word he says is seized upon with such venom and contempt a little too much.

Comment

At the end of the day though, two mistakes in two races meant no points for Hamilton. Can't blame anyone but himself for those. Not admitting he was in the wrong in Canada did him no favours either.

Won't even mention him throwing away a 17pt lead in the Championship last year with two rounds to go. Oops I just did.

As you can probably tell, I have no sympathy for the lad.

Comment

I don't want sympathy for him, just a bit of reasoned logic, rather than some of the venom he gets. He's said about half a dozen stupid things in a just over a year, most of which were in the heat of the moment. I say stupid things which I don't mean all the time, the only difference is I don't have someone writing down everything I say and pciking over it 24/7.
                            At the end of the day, the F1 is still super exciting at the moment and all the extra gubbins makes it even more watchable. I cannot wait until I go to Valencia to see the GP, should be a cracking atmosphere will make my holiday all the more fun. I just hope DC does better than when I went to Hungry to the other year, just to watch him crash out on the first lap!

Comment

He is a prick though, It's clear to see. He needs to grow a brain and show some humility once in a while. He is massively talented, no doubt, but immature. He will grow up in time though.

Comment

Massa and Raikonnen have both had their spell of back-to-back races without points this year so it's good the world championship is still wide open.

Comment

Working...
                                X