X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 007
    11 stone of pure muscle here.

8)

oh yeah was that a picture i stumbled of you holding some maracas in a delicate place my wife saw that and her eyes lit up ..................

Comment

Don't listen to this 150 situps a day ****. If you do the first 30-40 properly, you shouldnt be able to do any more for the rest of the day.

Comment

In my Athletics training 3/4 years ago, I had to do circuit training, with 5 goes around the circuit, 2 minutes on each one. You can easily do 30/40 in a minute, V-situps, cross situps, whatever type you want.

I just think you've got a soggy belly

Comment

Circuit training isnt really weight training - it tones you up nicely, but its more CV than build. Doing full range situps is much easier than crunching. Is your wife/gf an ACE qualified personal trainer / boxercise instructor / gym instructor with a masters in forensic bio-medical engineering? (I win).

Comment

Originally posted by dr0x
            I am facinated by this, I myself geniunly believe diet can have a very strong influence on your health mental and phsyical , what roughly is this book about.
            Its not a diet book per say. But I agree with you 110%, its basic logic: you are what you eat. Anyway, since you are interested, Ive sent you a PM.

The book is a geniunely disturbing indightment of modern sugar corporations, the medical profession/institutes and the government among others. Written by William Dufty who was a high profile journalist in his day and was married to Gloria Swanson, a well known actress renowned for healthy living.

Sugar, which is put into nearly everything, (go and check your cupboards) is far worse than you realise, and not because of making you fat.

In order for the human body to break down such highly processed sucrose, it needs to utilise vitamins already in the body, and if there arent enough, its been proven that the body will extract these vitamins from your bones to break it down, much like a pregnant womans body will for the baby if she doesnt get enough vitamins.

Contains fascinating sugar related chapters on tobacco, the army, prison, witchcraft, drugs, historical trade routes (including ancient history up to the present day), mental asylyms and wacking off.

Comment

Get yourself a wireless Joypad, an excercise bike put on mario Kart, Daytona (DC version), ridge racer or whatever. Pedal like mad as you play the game the actual experiance of cycling is enhaced 100X imho. Dont get out of the bike until you finish all laps. If your really mad, get a treadmill and learn to use your joypad while running, its easy obviously start slowly m8. Again 100x better than the drudgery of treadmill by itself.

By the time you complete and master all your games you will probably lose a fair biot of excess.

Comment

Originally posted by fragmast3r
                mind u if i had a 50" plasma to watch all the time id be a fat bastard too
                Not if you follow my instructions in the thread above

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr
                  Is your wife/gf an ACE qualified personal trainer / boxercise instructor / gym instructor with a masters in forensic bio-medical engineering? (I win).

dammmmmmmm...she kick your ass you get outta line..I love it...I must hook up with your wife so she can teach me a move or 2

Comment

hey you know Marcus I was watching g4 tv a while back..and they was talking about that game where you dance on a mat..anywayyyyyyyyyyyyy. they had taken before and after photos of some of the people who lost fenominal amounts of weight using it..perhaps the solution is as easy as getting this game..you could be dancing while playing having fun and losing weight all at the same time.

Comment

Situps are no good Tom, sorry.

They don't isolate the right muscle groups and cause you to involve the hop flexors too much.

As the good man Charler says, you should not be able to do anywhere near as many as you say you can do easily. Quality not quantity!

If you want some nice exercises for abs you should try hanging leg raises. Basically hang on to a bar or something over your head and slowly raise your legs straight out in front of you.

If you can't manage that then do it with your knees bent until you can. Very important to control your legs on the way down too, don't just drop em.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr
                        Don't listen to this 150 situps a day ****. If you do the first 30-40 properly, you shouldnt be able to do any more for the rest of the day.
                        That's me busted I'm normally knackered by 50.
                        I can't help it if my legs move a bit too much after that.

I should probably do some other exercises, maybe I could try lifting my XBox repeatedly cos I'm not a gym person.

It is annoying having people telling me I should be a fat bastard on account of all I eat(a lot) when it's bloody hard work for me to put on any weight.
                        Currently 11 stone and almost 6 foot. I reckon I'll be fine if I can put on another stone. In the right places of course.

Comment

Originally posted by marcus
                          I aim to drop a stone but also improve general fitness. If anyone else wants to join me in dropping pounds then join in, and we can monitor progress (if any).

I'll join ya, I need to lose about 2stone - will weigh myself in the morning, and post progress, exercise/diet regime as i go on

Comment

Can one of you be so kind to explain a stone to me...is it just another name for a pound or is it different all together?

Comment

one stone = 14 pounds = about 6.5 kg.

Comment

You're getting older Marcus, it happens to us all, I piled on the weight when I hit 27-28. Before that I was ten stone, and could eat wtf I wanted without fear of putting weight on.

I'm now 13 stone 10 pounds...whaha fat bastard!

I shall join you in this little exercise of weight loss. I've taken some pictures wearing my speedo's (they where in once y'know) and will do 1 pic each week until I get down to my target weight of 11-4

And Tom must base his sit-ups on Vanessa Feltz's efforts on the celebrity fat club.

Comment

Working...
                                X