Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive been to the gym twice this week, and expect to play badminton on Saturday and football on Sunday.

My gym session is about an hour long and consists of -

2 x 2000m rowing, on level 8 of 10
    2 x 6 minute manual running, at about 10kph
    2 x 6 minute level 7 of 12 on the bike
    50 to 100 on that killer situp metal thing (hurts)
    Some general weights, but mostly I do cardio stuff at the moment.

Feel better for it also.

Comment

Im curently trying to shift the fat in my arms and stomach, ive found that general walking helps, as i did a lot of it on my jolls a couple of weeks back and came back a few pounds lighter. In a week i basically lost half a stone walking around manhatten and toronto. Maybe more walking is involved, spreading the routine into a longer period of activity. Hmmmmm........

We try harder!

Comment

Marcus, if you can do your cardio at the end of your weights session or even better, first thing in the morning on an early stomach if you can manage it.

Many people ignore weights when they try to lose weight and they could not be doing more the wrong thing. If you don't then you will burn more muscle than weight, you will lose weight but you will look just as fat.

Do nice compound weights training, stuff like compound rows, pulldowns, bench press, squats, leg press etc.

These are classics that work the whole body and will stop any muscle wastage.

Good man playing badminton though, that's my sport 8)

Nothing works the Glutes quite like it!

Comment

If you want to lose weight then go running. Start small and build up. Don't run too fast to begin with. I'm up to five miles three times a week. With this I can drink as much beer as I can fit and stay at a constant weight. My weight being 15st, but there's a problem in itself... 15st of more muscle than fat looks smaller than 15st of more fat than muscle.

If you want to see how to do it properly: http://www.johnstonefitness.com/all/front/m.php

Comment

my gym induction is on monday, I've cut out all fizzy drinks (replaced with water) tho with my lack of food preparation facilities, the eating healthy bit is proving hard.

Comment

Weighed myself yesterday am and was a shocking 15st 3.8lb!

Yesterdays workout was approx 45minutes of weights (bench press, overhead press, shrugs, dips, pushdowns & abs).

Today I did 65mins on the treadmill (5minute walk, 30minute run, 5minute walk, 20minute run, 5minute walk).

Foodwise, both days have been mixed, although definately an improvement on my diet of recent weeks.

Comment

for anyone thats interested, walkers are giving away free "step-o-meters", might help some ppl in working out how much walking they do

Comment

Marcus, I suggest you cut-out all simple sugars. I used to eat a lot of biscuits and junk foods, and my stomach got much fatter.

I now eat fruit for energy and drink apple juice, not forgetting things like porridge for breakfast. As long as you cut-out really sugary stuff like cola and sweets, you should gradually go back to your normal self

Good Luck! 8)

Comment

Er, fruit and apple juice are basically nothing but simple sugars.

Most

Overrated

Food

EVER!

Comment

And a shedload of vitamins and fibre in most cases (fruit, not juice).

Most people would benefit from replacing biscuits with fruit, of course they would still need a good supply of proteins and fats, but as a snack/dessert they're an ideal choice.

Comment

I'm 10 and a half stone due to waaaaaaay too much walking.

My diet consists of red meat, burgers + meat feast pizzas.

I drink really well though: milk, fresh orange + plenty of water - I find that that clears most of the cack out of me that my food puts in.

Comment

Well of course fruit is better than biscuits but that's just becuase biscuits are REALLY bad 8)

If you want vitamins, take a good quality multi vitamin, if you want fibre, eat more whole grains instead of processed grains.

If you want a snack, have some Ryvita with light philadelphia, good carbs and protein, very little simple sugars.

Comment

Theres still very little evidence if taking vitamins/minerals as a pill offers the same benefits as eating them as nature intended.

Comment

And there's even less evidence to show that it doesn't 8)

Comment

Did anyone see Boxing Academy (C5 10pm) last night ? reason I ask is; they had Alan Minter on there and once before a weigh in he had to lose 4lb in an hour.
                                He did it by wearing a plastic hooded top and skipping/shadow boxing for the whole hour, said you could tip the sweat out of the suit afterwards, hmm nice

Comment

Working...
                                X