This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Al
    And there's even less evidence to show that it doesn't 8)
    There was a program about this few weeks ago, a woman was taking 800% of the daily recommended intake of vitamin C a day and she still got the odd cold. I do take calcium tablets though due to having no milk every day. Taste like chalk, lovely.

Comment

And even supplement suppliers would admit that its more ideal to get your vitamins naturally rather than in pill form.

Comment

Its been a mixed week. I still cant cut out the biscuits, they are just *there* and have to be eaten. But, I started back at football on Sunday and had a good run, its amazing how unfit I must be as it was hard going. Still no coke. My aim is to lose a stone, but also to become fit once again, so Ill be doing lots of cardio and stamina exercises in the Gym.

Comment

Originally posted by rumbletum
          And even supplement suppliers would admit that its more ideal to get your vitamins naturally rather than in pill form.
          Well, whatever suits you then stick to it I suppose.

I'd like to see what your fruit bowl looks like though if you expect to get your RDA of ALL vitamins

And 800 % of the RDA of vitamin C is nothing to worry about. Having more than the RDA is fine as long as you are active.

In fact, vitamin C is highly recommended both before and after a good workout. It helps stop the free radicals that contribute to the muscle soreness a good workout will bring.

Comment

Im on 14-4 now marcus if you want someone to work it against

was 15-3 4 weeks ago, Keep at it no matter how hard it is!

I had a kit kat today as a treat for a months training! it was nice!

tomorrow im back at the gym, gonna work out at home tonight as im watching footy soon!

Stick with it fella

Comment

Originally posted by Big Al
              I'd like to see what your fruit bowl looks like though if you expect to get your RDA of ALL vitamins

Its tiny, I hardly eat fruit - I take a multivitamin

But I'm sure my health would be better if I ate a lot more fruit & veg.

RDA's are a nonsense as well - but thats a whole other argument

Comment

Originally posted by davidholliss

Did anyone see Boxing Academy (C5 10pm) last night ? reason I ask is; they had Alan Minter on there and once before a weigh in he had to lose 4lb in an hour.
                He did it by wearing a plastic hooded top and skipping/shadow boxing for the whole hour, said you could tip the sweat out of the suit afterwards, hmm nice
                What he is actually doing is losing body fluids, and at the same time dehydrating himself. Foolish thing to do when you are about to get in the ring and take a few whacks around the napper.

So next time you see someone runnig around in a bin bag, remember they aint actually achieving anything lol

btw I'll do my weigh in tomorrow, see if I have lost anything (fecking doubt it)
                Last edited by Shez; 19-10-2004, 18:42.

Comment

Lost a grand total of f**k all this morning. I actually feel a bit more lardy as I pigged out while having a smoke last night. Oh yeah and I've had a drink pretty much every day.

However - I've come up with a new plan. The 20-20 lose weight plan. It goes from 20th Oct to 20th Nov and involves me eating well, gyming and not smoking.
                  Starts today - see you next Wednesday for update and weight lossage

Comment

I thought its a good idea to resurrect this thread, to see if those who participated have made any progress ^_^

Im still around the 14 and a half mark, but generally my fitness has gotten better, I am able to run the three mile distance I go without stopping which isnt bad for me considering Ive never been a long distance runner. In fact, the only thing that makes this difficult is the recurrence of a back problem I get whereby my lower back aches like anything. With regular exercise this problem is a lot easier to live with though, as it hurts less when Im regularly active.

Im trying to get back into football (when I can find out where they play now) and Im back at the gym and also playing badminton once or twice a week.

Most notable change for me has also been cutting out sugary drinks like cola, now its Diet all the way, and Ive actually gotten used to diet coke and love vanilla diet coke, and pepsi max. They may contain caffeine but its something at least!

I also try to eat more at lunchtime and less in the evening.

Ive re-edited the title to something more appropriate also.

Comment

Arr!

I need to lose weight. Everyone tells me I don't, but I would rather lose my beer belly. Well, it's more of a Jaegermeister belly because I can't stand the taste of beer, but you get me. The fact that I'm in the house most of Summer doesn't help much, and when I'm out, it's usually drinking with friends.

The problem is I have no idea what my weight is "meant" to be, I'm unusually tall for my age (6'4" and 18 ). And also I have no interest in sports at all. But I know that getting rid of it's possible so I'm up for trying it.

Comment

My progress is going along nicely finally, never really got going when this thread was originally about, but I've lost almost 2.5st since mid-May now.

Ive been really getting into running again, that's helped no end.

Comment

[QUOTE=rumbletum]My progress is going along nicely finally, never really got going when this thread was originally about, but I've lost almost 2.5st since mid-May now.

[QUOTE]

well done!

i was once 16st many years ago and am now 10st 9.

i lost quite a few stone in a short period and i was glowing with happiness!

keep up the good work!

Comment

Thanks mate, took me several attempt to get started, but now I'm on the right track.

Comment

What sort of running do you do, how often and how far?

I know two people (female) who were always on the larger side, but since taking up running they now look like totally different people, one does half marathons. Hehe, the other girl used to be known as "Sally Big-Tits" back in the day as she had these huge boobs (duh), but now they are almost gone altogether all because of the running and dieting shes done. I guess losing weight has both good and bad points

Comment

Seen this thread and it has inspired me...

I'm in general good health but I think I'm putting a bit of weight on (Sitting around all day at work doesn't help!), I play football twice a week. But want to get fitter, I used to go running earlier in the year but slacked off after a while - I'm thinking of starting again, before Winter kicks in.

I normally do my little route (3 to 4 miles) in anywhere from 32 Minutes to 40 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                                X