This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh yeah, pictures!

Just looking back over the last page, there's some nice stuff.

I've finally got around to doing a website. It's a bit of a one (and a bit) day wonder, and I'm going to do something more with it eventually, like hopefully figuring out a way to let you click on the images to see them bigger, if you're a glutton for punishment like that.

Anyway, it's at www.jodiwarren.com

Also, in vagually relevant news, I have a new camera! Check it out:

It's an Agfa Box 50 that a friend found at a charity shop in Archway. I have some 120 film and I'm going to try to do some damage with this.

Lastly, I took this harsh geometric one a couple of weeks ago that I kinda like:

Comment

Nice site Jodi, nice simple layout and easy to navigate. You might want to find some way of protecting the images though, as it is possible to just right-click on them and download them. You might not be fussed about that but it might not have occurred to you to protect them so I just wanted to warn you in case you'd rather not have people freely downloading your hard work. Here's my site, if you'd like to take a look

Comment

Cheers Dan, I really wanted it to be simple as anything, so that makes me feel good I don't mind leaving the low-res images up there unprotected, as they're pretty small and low-quality. If I figure out a way of zooming up some larger images, they'll definitely be watermarked versions.

You've got some good stuff on your site! Have you found it to be a useful tool?

Comment

been doing some macro work on my 350d, and want to invest in a dedicated macro lens rather than making do with my sigma 70-300 which has a macro function, what would people recommend. needs to be canon fit.

budget of £200 (or if i wait 4 weeks ive £350 so willing to wait if it gets me a much better lens)

would prefer new but again if it gets me a much nicer lens will do 2nd hand

thanks
          jason
          Last edited by browngirl; 23-04-2009, 17:19.

Comment

I've had the Canon 100mm on my 350d for a few years now and despite owning technically better lenses it is still the best I've got in my opinion. You might be able to find one in your budget second hand. Alternatively sigma do a 105mm which is supposed to be good for less money.

Straight off camera, 100mm @ f/8

Comment

thanks for the reply petej and the picture, is this the lens you mean?

?430 new, which if i wait til june its my b day so can beg the difference from family

was looking at a 60mm canon macro which was a fair bit cheaper, but i dont want to buy a lens then regret as i could of had a better one if id waited a few weeks, as like dogs lenses are for life not just for xmas

thanks

Comment

That's the baby! One-stop digital have it cheaper (hong kong based, very good site) - http://www.onestop-digital.com/catal...products_id=38

Camera kit (especially lenses) are very expensive at the moment due to the world's financial situation, however hopefully things will get better during the year.

The 60mm efs is a good lens but you won't be able to get in as close as above. I tried a 60 for a while but didn't get much out of it, however others may have better experiences.

Comment

thanks, been looking at flickr and have to say im impressed with the 100mm one youve suggested, so will be waiting a few extra weeks for that one, better to wait a few weeks and be happy than buy one sooner and regret it

thanks again

Comment

Having owned the sigma 105mm and the canon 100mm I can confirm there is very little between them. Canon lens wins on build quality and there is very little between the lenses based on image quality.
                    I prefer the canon lens but if you cant justify the extra cost the Sigma is a great option.

Here are some macros that are not really sharp at full size but at web size are fine. Second picture is a small crane fly at about 3.5-4x

Comment

loving the 1st shot winky, is that the sigma that these wre taken with?

Comment

No these are with the MPE-65.

One thing to consider if you are wanting to do more macro is eventually you will probably want to buy a flash. You wont need it straight away but its something you may want to consider once you get frustrated by natural light.

Comment

Still awaiting final approval but I signed up to iStock last night, don't have any expectations for generating cash but anything would be good right now. I have very few suitable shots for stock images though, as it turns out!

Comment

Good luck with that Pete

Love that monkey pic mate - really nice DOF

Comment

Thanks, I love it when shots like that come out - complete fluke!

Comment

Some cracking shots in here of late..

Pete - That snake shot is awesome - great colours.

Winky - that refraction macro is very nice indeed.

Pete (again) - I'm currently making it big in the microstock industry - hoping to retire on my earnings soon (I've sold one photo for ?2 ) I've had many more photos rejected that accepted..

Last nights sunset:

Comment

Working...
                                X