This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
    Got in there early with that one, you're only the 134,443,418th person to attempt that 'joke' in the last hour.
    The set-up was too big to ignore, I was powerless.

Comment

Yeah I'm kind of thinking the Norway tragedy is a bit more important than Winehouse being found dead. No-one on Facebook mentioned Norway yet this evening my feed is full of "RIP Amy".

Comment

"hello this is 999 you are speaking to Val, please state the nature of the emergency"
        "It's Amy Winehouse, she's in a pretty bad way"
        "do you need us to send an ambulance?"
        "yeah, why don't you come on over Valerie"

I bet no one's done that one yet!

Comment

Originally posted by Fader209 View Post
          Yeah I'm kind of thinking the Norway tragedy is a bit more important than Winehouse being found dead. No-one on Facebook mentioned Norway yet this evening my feed is full of "RIP Amy".
          It's impossible to compare stuff like that. It may be more important but that doesn't mean it's more affecting to people. Amy Winehouse was a part of many peoples lives through her music, whereas Norway wasn't really on anyone in the UK's radar until yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
            I bet no one's done that one yet!
            For a good reason

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
              The shooting in Norway, a train crash in China, Famine in Somalia/Ethiopia, Spatial's Birthday going largely unnoticed, This... the world's seen better weekends.
              It truly has been the weekend of nightmares.

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
              That is a shame. She was a lovely girl it seemed before meeting that Blake.

Is it tragic or was it her own fault for getting involved? Tough one really.
              What pisses me off no end is when I see people going "LOL DRUGS ARE COOL MAAAAAAAN" on the Interweb and in real life and trying to make out that hardcore drugs are somehow acceptable and you're in the wrong if you think otherwise. Yet this is ultimately what it does to people - ruins lives and devastates the people left behind.

Comment

Great voice, an enigma (music needs those) and talented. Didn't like any of her stuff personally, but 27 is no age to go.

Unlike someone like Cobain I never got the impression she was a self-loathing type of person, just loved the drink and drugs.

Comment

Let's hope they don't cremate her or it will be another Buncefield.

Comment

How can the Norway thing not be more affecting? These were kids who had so much life ahead of them and were shot and killed. Does that not affect you?

Comment

Got sympathy for here family, no parent likes to bury a child, and her dad tried like hell to get her on the straight and narrow. Sad but not shocking.

Comment

How can the Norway thing not be more affecting? These were kids who had so much life ahead of them and were shot and killed. Does that not affect you?
                        What would affect you more, the death of an immediate family member or a coach full of school kids crashing in Australia?

Selfish it may be but the impact of tragic effect on people comes down to more than just the statistics involved.

Comment

You are related to Amy Winehouse?

Comment

I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying it's natural. "Grief" isn't measured in numbers.

It's about the impact she had on people's lives.

Comment

That's just an extreme example.

To add more grey to the choice: your best friend or the coach of kids? Your favourite teacher? Your pet dog? A coach carrying the team you support crashing? A coach carrying 5 more people but they're all middle aged?

Comment

Fader i think it's the culture and world were in, most people are obessed by fame and money and personalities. I was shocked by the Norway shootings but mostly because one of my best friends stays in Stavanger, and at first didn't know where the tragedy occured, plus 90+ people is a lot, plus my friend is shocked and upset as i talked with him, ut impacted on me.

Comment

Working...
                                X