iPhone thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Randicoot View Post
    If you used your email address instead of your phone number on your iPhone, you've been able to do this since iOS 5 came out. I pick up messages across all 3 products all the time
    Ah, just waiting to see who'd be the first one to spot that...

Comment

Originally posted by Randicoot View Post

EDIT: Oh and the people saying the Galaxy S2 looks better than the iPhone 5...lol
      Aside from the fact looks are rather subjective (wouldn't the world be dull if that wasn't the case?), none of us have actually seen the iPhone 5 in the flesh yet anyway...lol

Comment

I'm not on iPhone (yet) but updated to iOS6 on my iPad and there is a slight hint of MS about it, in making things just a little more cluttered and more complicated, like more buttons floating around Safari for example. The beauty of the iOS has always been how streamlined it is and the lack of a need for any instructions so I really hope it doesn't get all busy and messy.

Comment

We don't need to see the iPhone 5 in the flesh, it's an iPhone but longer. It's not like Apple did anything to the design to really change it. Surely there's no-one who doesn't know what they're getting with this already?

Comment

Originally posted by HumanEnergy View Post
            You just click on the app then click on reviews (the middle of three options at the top of the screen). Seems straightforward, unless I'm missing something
            Yes, I guess I should explain myself here...

- More Reviews is "broken" and apparently has not been fixed since the beta.
            - If you try to leave a review for a game you've Purchased (easiest way to find it, via the Purchased tab, right?) then the button to show reviews is missing. You have to search for it normally to get the button to appear.

I support and test iOS apps now in my new job. If I'd let something like that get through testing, I'd be rightly berated for not doing my job properly...
            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

2GB of f'ing space required for ios 6! Where am I supposed to find that you muppets. Forget it.

Comment

The beauty of the iOS has always been how streamlined it is and the lack of a need for any instructions so I really hope it doesn't get all busy and messy.
                The original release was streamlined but it has increasingly moved away from this philosphy over time. I work in an IT support environment and the amount of people that don't understand how to close an app for example is staggering.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX View Post
                  2GB of f'ing space required for ios 6! Where am I supposed to find that you muppets. Forget it.
                  It deletes the old stuff once you have installed it so you end up about space neutral.

Comment

You only need that space if you do it using wifi

Connect it to the computer and its alright

I prefer the update in wifi as its smaller (559MB vice 850MB) but I un-sync'd all my music did it via wifi and then re-sync'd my music

On the iPad I had plenty of room

Comment

Right, I've got a quick thing to say about iPhone 5 cos was had hundreds of them in our store!
                      Whoever ordered white this year is gonna be dissapointed, it just does not look half as nice as the black one.
                      I'm really started to regret that I ordered a white one this year...

If Batman had an iPhone 5 this is it... It's sexy like his batmobile!!

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
                        You only need that space if you do it using wifi

Connect it to the computer and its alright

I prefer the update in wifi as its smaller (559MB vice 850MB) but I un-sync'd all my music did it via wifi and then re-sync'd my music

On the iPad I had plenty of room

Thanks guys, didn't know that

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
                          It deletes the old stuff once you have installed it so you end up about space neutral.

Thank you too (must learn to multi quote)

Comment

Anyone recommend any decent iPhone 5 cases? I usually like to get a Speck Candyshell case but they don't seem to be available for a week...

Comment

If you have the budget I quite like these: grovemade.com. Then again if time is of the essence...

Comment

Opened early today for Borderlands 2, PES & F1.

Forgot the iPhone 5 was out today. The cheering and whooping from the Apple store upstairs everytime they sell one is starting to grate.

Comment

Working...
                                X