No announcement yet.

iPhone thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new windows Nokia looks damn cool. Also, it has Carl Zeiss optics. **** you Apple!

I'm so tempted to just ditch iPhone, but I have so many apps I use quite often and I'm sure there won't be the equiv. on Windows phone

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
      Apple are playing it too safe, a bad move when they've lost so much to Google. The new windows Nokia looks like it blows away the iPhone too.

A meh from me.
      True but my problem is I have had the misfortune of having a Nokia Lumia and it was **** the battery life was cack and with it being a WP it was all Bing bloody bong having said looking at the yorkie bar apple have now made I may just have a go at that 920 providing its sim free (I hate bloody orange, 4LTE ha need to get decent 3G coverage right first lads)

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
        I'm so tempted to just ditch iPhone, but I have so many apps I use quite often and I'm sure there won't be the equiv. on Windows phone
        Give it 6 months and there will be - given the different language support on Win 8, there are a lot of developers out there that are used to the MS platform that can port their skills without having to learn a whole new platform - all depends how much you've got invested I suppose.

I am still waiting for an Android equivalent of **this** though.

Comment

Windows 8 phones also will be ditching Zune which is ****tier than ****. You will be able to drag and drop photos and music much like android phones, where it detects the phone as a mass storage device.

Comment

Remember what happened to Apple last time they didn't have Steve Jobs? Just sayin'

They are no longer the company they once were

Comment

The iOS look is starting to feel a bit bland and outdated. A bit disappointed, but is still the most appealing phone out there to me. And as so many others, I'm a bit invested in Apple's ecosystem with having paid for a bunch of apps, and having a Macbook, Mac Mini and an iPad. So jumping ship would be a bit of a hassle.

Comment

The new windows Nokia looks damn cool. Also, it has Carl Zeiss optics. **** you Apple!

I'm tempted to wait for the lumia 920 too, not going back to iphone, contracts are way over priced and have to pay for the handset. Then again I might just get the Ativ s from Samsung, wp8, screen from the galaxys3, 32 gig of onboard storage and a micro sd card slot, removable battery, plus free offline Nokia maps and offline navigation, not a bad package if you ask me.
                Last edited by fishbowlhead; 12-09-2012, 21:55.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex WS View Post
                  The iOS look is starting to feel a bit bland and outdated. A bit disappointed, but is still the most appealing phone out there to me. And as so many others, I'm a bit invested in Apple's ecosystem with having paid for a bunch of apps, and having a Macbook, Mac Mini and an iPad. So jumping ship would be a bit of a hassle.
                  This is what will keep iphone at the top. Windows is the worst OS out there but it's still number one.

I've all but said goodbye to Apple now. I still have a macbook but thatis getting Linux on it soon so then I'll be done. I have over ?400 of osx apps but the time has come ninetheless.

Comment

Right IOS6 installed, let's see how maps fare again. They definitely aren't vector based maps (well they certainly aren't vector based on the iphone side) but they do have vector labels and icons.

Comment

I'm 50/50 on the iPhone 5 (which is actually the iPhone 6!). As a gadget geek, tech specs have got me drooling but in terms of day to day usage, will it be that much better than my 4S at the moment? The main reason I went from a 4 to the 4S was the availability in white and the additional speed meant the layer of jailbreaks I have installed play a lot nicer with little to no slowdown.

I think I'll wait until my contract is up in January or until a stable jailbreak is discovered before making a decision.

Comment

I'm going to get an iPhone 5. Vodafone have already confirmed my free upgrade to a 64GB black one on the 21st.

I've been using a 4S for about three months now that I found on a train, as as much as I hate to admit it, it's all very easy to use and barring a physical keyboard like on my BlackBerry, I have grown to love it. Everyone I know has an iPhone, so messaging is free. I can FaceTime my family in the States. I already have an iPad too, so I may as well go to John Lewis and buy their most expensive desktop, so I can look cool at home as well as on the Tube.
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

@Taka: I reckon the 5 will be a fair bit quicker than the 4S, seeing as the resolution bump is only minor despite the cpu upgrade. I found the 4 to be only marginally faster than the 3GS on account of the much higher resolution but the 4S is a lot better. Same with the iPad 3 - I find it's not much faster than the iPad 2 in use as it has to run things at such a high resolution.

Comment

Right IOS6 installed, let's see how maps fare again. They definitely aren't vector based maps (well they certainly aren't vector based on the iphone side) but they do have vector labels and icons.
                            I take it the maps are online only? apple have been suspiciously quiet on that subject.

Comment

Course they are, the maps are just like google maps but without the ability to search Google for results.

It's just as annoying as It was last time, I swear its slower to load, type the name of a shop or whatever, just hope that Apple has cached its address, or it won't be showing up. Google still wins

Comment

Nokia do offline maps and have done for years, I'm not sure why the other big companies haven't done the same.

Comment

Working...
                                X