Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Little things that irk you.. (no swearing please)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Denied for a loan. I've no major expenses and they don't think I can afford £300 a month

*sigh*

Was only going to use it to clear big CC debt then I was gonna cancel the cards. Bit stuffed now, stuck with 24% interest. If I apply for a loan with a different place now it'll probably hurt my credit rating and result in another rejection.

Comment

Can't you try moving it to another CC company and taking advantage of their introductory rate on balance transfers?

Comment

We've moved our card balance around 3 times in the last three years.

Comment

think there is a mbna credit card american express....has a rate of 6.9% rate for life and no handling fees
          can transfer money into a bank account to

Comment

How awful parcelforce are.

It's unbelievable - really.

Comment

You don't have to tell me, not wanting to offend the resident posties but something seems really broken about the whole mail infrastructure in the UK.

To compare with my experiences of the Japanese PO - I sold an item to a guy in Ecuador last year. There were only two options for shipping to that country... EMS tracked/insured at 10,000 (the item cost 3,000 yen) or bare bones surface mail at 3,000(estimated delivery time 3 months). The guy understandably wanted surface mail so I obliged. Even though I had not paid for the tracked service I was still able to track it using the shipment number on the customs slip. The delivery took the full three months and I could see what ports it had stopped at, towns it had passed through... in total there were about 20 entries on the log of it's journey.

Compare this to a valuable item I bought in the UK. Due to the high cost I wanted some security with the postage, so the seller offered me "international signed for" which is estimated at 5 days delivery, but is not a cheap service.

After 10 days it hadn't arrived, and I was concerned so I put the tracking number in the website and was told "Your item left the UK on xx/xx/xx and was transferred to an overseas postal service." That's it, that's all they can tell you! It's an absolute joke, there is no point in paying for a tracked service at all.

While I'm on here I just wanted to say that I see all these magnificent turtles being washed down a one way drainage ditch every day, and it irks me that I have no idea what happens to them. This area is on reclaimed land so presumably they end up in the sea - that can't be good for freshwater turtles, can it?

At one end of this ditch they get water from a laundry dumped on their heads, and in the morning I can see all these turtle shells gathered in the bubbles with their heads poking up like they are taking a bath. Cute. But probably bad for them.

Comment

Little things that 'irk me...
                Teaching in government education and the belief that somehow by restricting children's imagination and making them write billions of 1000 word essays will actually allow them to contribute to society in some meaningful way...ah well, two more weeks and I'm out like a trout.
                3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

I always thought it was to prepare them for a lifetime of tedium and boredom at work, why fire up their imaginations and let them think they'll get to do something enjoyable when they leave ?

Comment

Hmmm...you may be correct sir, Christ, the system works!! *Lightbulb flashes above head and fanfare plays between ears*
                    3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Minor irk - story in the Metro this morning about Cheryl Cole but they seem to have decided that she has suddenly reverted to her maiden name Tweedy.

I'm not really sure what irks me about this.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
                        Minor irk - story in the Metro this morning about Cheryl Cole but they seem to have decided that she has suddenly reverted to her maiden name Tweedy.

I'm not really sure what irks me about this.
                        How insignificant it is, yet it's in a newspaper?

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                          How insignificant it is, yet it's in a newspaper?
                          But it was a really important story - how the X Factor could be ruined as she's still in hospital with some bug bite she got in Africa.

Comment

I thought she'd officially gone back to her maiden name?

Comment

To be fair, she is off her face with Malaria at the moment she she probably doesn't know who or what she is.

Get well soon Cheryl, those toilet attendants up and down the country are getting a bit uppity without you there to slap them down!

Comment

Already come up a bunch on this forum but system updates. Want to play co op Red Dead missions so go to download them. Need to download a system update first, then wait for that to install, before even thinking of playing co op. Why do I need a system update for a game I already play online!!?

Comment

Working...
                                X