Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Little things that irk you.. (no swearing please)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I the only one that doesn't think 'voluminous and wild' when I think of Tintin?

Comment

Bloody cowboy builders who don't listen to a word you tell them. I'm having to stay ay my parents for a few months (interim period between the end of the university year, and myself going abroad in September) and they've rented a house from the council for ~20 years. All of the council houses have been bought up by a company called Merlin, who have been installing a complete new kitchen, toilet and bathroom into their houses.

Anyway, we repeatedly told them that we wanted to keep the lino in the kitchen and toilet because we only bought it last year, cost over £1000 (since it's designed for soundproofing, since the kitchen is on the top floor). We asked if they could place something over it to protect it - they said fair enough. Suffice to say, they just didn't give a damn about our property at all, anything that wasn't to do with them got trashed. And today, we found that they have actually cut the lino in the toilet into shreds with a stanley knife, despite all of what we said. The guy said that the new toilet didn't fit the lino, so his boss told him to do it. Fair enough... but tell us this before you do it! His boss doesn't live here, we do, would it have been so hard for him to give us a bit of a heads-up before trashing a £1000 lino? They just don't give a damn.

I wouldn't be surprised if my parents bill them for what they've trashed. It might seem a bit out of order given we've gotten a new kitchen/toilet/bathroom out of it, but it's their general 'not giving a damn' attitude that has gotten out backs up. It doesn't take much to have a little consideration for the people who have to live with the aftermath of their shenanigans. People shouldn't be allowed to go into people's homes, trash their stuff and act like it's nothing to do with them.

ROK are the company doing the work, btw.
      Last edited by sj33; 27-07-2010, 12:29.

Comment

Have fun cleaning up the mess they leave behind

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
          Am I the only one that doesn't think 'voluminous and wild' when I think of Tintin?

Take that stupid quiff and they expand the hair on the rest of the head up to Boris Johnson stylee.

And neil - no chance! Ask Katsujinken for an already-graffitied pen pic.
          Nif gets me!

Comment

Those Greenpeace twats going around tampering with emergency shut offs in BP petrol stations.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
              Take that stupid quiff and they expand the hair on the rest of the head up to Boris Johnson stylee.

And neil - no chance! Ask Katsujinken for an already-graffitied pen pic.
              Nif gets me!
              KAPPOW! Overlord Bletch arrival
              Attached Files

Comment

My replacement credit card arrived today after my last one decided to snap into a few pieces.

There's a sticker on the front that says "call to activate". So I did. I've no problem using the automated method but if it is going to be automated why isn't the whole thing automated? Oh, I know, because they haven't yet made computers clever enough to read from a script to try and sell you more useless bank crap that you don't need.

What should have been a 2 minute thing turned into a 19 minute conversation where pretty much all I said was "no, I'm not interested. Can you just activate my card so I can get on with the rest of my bloody day!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Katsujinken View Post
                  KAPPOW! Overlord Bletch arrival
                  as ****.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                    Poo related:

When you wipe and there's a tiny bit of poo that just will not come off on to the paper and instead insists on just rolling around leaving trails until it's completely gone. Might as well just have a shower after those.
                    Been there nearly everytime I go to the ****ter. I now understand why a lot of overseas countries have bidets as standard. Its just a lot easier to wash your jacksy after emptying your outbox

Comment

When people say things are brand new when they clearly are not. If it's been used even for 1 second it is not brand new.
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

1. Hand dryers in public toilets that are so weak, you may as well blow on your own hands.

2. The fact that the default Google page on Firefox (my browser of choice) does not have the auto suggestion feature of the "regular" Google.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                          When people say things are brand new when they clearly are not. If it's been used even for 1 second it is not brand new.
                          Brand new, used once to test then put straight back in the box!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ady View Post
                            1. Hand dryers in public toilets that are so weak, you may as well blow on your own hands.
                            We were delighted to discover those snazzy Dyson airblades in a free public loo the other day, though it was in the shopping centre at Canary Wharf, only ever seen in them pay lavs before.

Comment

Originally posted by merf View Post
                              We were delighted to discover those snazzy Dyson airblades in a free public loo the other day, though it was in the shopping centre at Canary Wharf, only ever seen in them pay lavs before.
                              They're at most motorway service stops. I like watching how they contort the skin on my hands.

Comment

dyson airblades are awesome. Shame they're so expensive.

Comment

Working...
                                X