Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Little things that irk you.. (no swearing please)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The chapter in 'Bad Science' by Ben Goldacre on homeopathy is brilliant, really shows what a scam it is.

Herbal is different though to homeopathy.

Comment

Originally posted by dazzling_bubble View Post
      Being bored and fed up with nothing to f**king do
      I would say come back on IRC but Fami might make more odd shaving suggestions...

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
        I would say come back on IRC but Fami might make more odd shaving suggestions...
        shaving? did i miss those?!

Comment

Oh, sweet Jesus, the Canucks are facing Chicago in the Stanley Cup draw. Bye bye trophy dream, those boys have our number.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
            Oh, sweet Jesus, the Canucks are facing Chicago in the Stanley Cup draw. Bye bye trophy dream, those boys have our number.
            All I know of Ice Hockey is beating my (much older) cousin senseless on EA hockey on the MegaDrive untill he went home, and him making up stories about me verbally abusing him to his family (found out decades later).

Comment

On TV's The Mentalist some of the PC monitors in their office have Windows start logos in the centre of the bezel at the bottom and 'Windows' written on it in various places even though you can't buy 'Windows' branded hardware.

Comment

Since I moved, I've been listening to the radio at home all the time. This has made me want so many albums that I can't afford. Young Knives came out last week and I need it. Metronomy is out this week and I need it. tUnE-yArDS is out next week and I need it.

Ugh!

Comment

Mobile phone companies missing the point (or rather trying to trick consumers) of pay-as-you-go. If someone wanted to top up ?10 or ?15 a month for a set amount of minutes/text they'd get a bloody contract!

Comment

Me.

I just bought Sonic the Hedgehog on PSN. That means I have it on Mega Drive, Saturn (Sonic Jam) and twice on PS3 (Mega Drive Collection too). Idiots like me are keeping Sega alive and lazy.

Comment

That begs the question - why (did you download it again)?

Comment

Impulse purchase, really. My Saturns and MDs are packed away at the moment, so having it on the HDD for a quick go for relatively little cash seemed OK. As soon as I started it and saw that it was the same old thing I really wondered why I'd bothered spending the money, when I could've just plugged a Saturn pad into the PC and played a ROM (with better graphics options too, it has to be said). Sonic 2 is an understandable buy on account of it having online twoplayer, though.

Comment

Facebook buttons appearing everywhere.

(do we really need them on threads here?)

I was uploading images to imageshack and saw it had my little facebook mugshot and a comment box at the bottom of the page. I had to double check I hadn't uploaded my geeky model kit pictures for everyone on my facebook list to make fun of.

This irks me for two reasons, firstly facebook is like a symbiotic parasite of the internet that is gradually assuming control for itself. Secondly I want to keep my 'darwock' and my real existence kind of separate, but my imageshack darwock account is automatically identifying me as the real me. Where does it end?

Comment

*like*

Comment

I started a thread and nobody liked it. I cry myself to sleep every night.

Comment

On another forum I posted a detailed review, one of the first comments I got was "If only it was possible to like the whole thread." I was thinking, sorry, did some part of it offend you? Then I realised it was just facebook parlance ><

Comment

Working...
                                X