Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Little things that irk you.. (no swearing please)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heard on the news or something that Jennifer Lopez was number one, and I did a "wtf?"

Didn't she have a number one like, 15 years ago or something? Are people taking her seriously?

Comment

And on a similar musical irk related note (see what I did there?) the new song by The Strokes - I like it but that guitar note at the end of the chorus bit is stupidly high and makes me feel like my ears are being molested.
      Last edited by Spatial; 06-04-2011, 19:12.

Comment

Traffic on the motorway, caused by nothing more than people slowing to look at the accident on the opposite side, a few yards after and it's back to normal motorway speeds, added a good 20 minutes to my journey home tonight and i really needed the toilet!

Comment

Originally posted by booth83 View Post
          Traffic on the motorway, caused by nothing more than people slowing to look at the accident on the opposite side, a few yards after and it's back to normal motorway speeds, added a good 20 minutes to my journey home tonight and i really needed the toilet!
          That's funny because it didn't happen to me.
          I must be the worst person to travel with, I get so frustrated with phantom traffic jams that spring up for no reason at all. Don't even get me started on service stations!

Comment

People who speak in that annoying tone that makes every sentence sound like they?re asking a question.

?Yeah, that sounds? like a? good idea???

Die.

Comment

Yet another musical irk - Taylor Swift using the phrase "Could care less" in her latest bobbins excuse for a song.

As if it wasn't bad enough that the song is rubbish, it's grammatically incorrect!

Comment

That's how they say it over there, I think. Of course, to us it makes no sense because if you could care less, it means you're not caring little enough, so you actually do care. I suppose you could say that they could care even less but the thing is so lame that they're not even going to bother

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial View Post
                  Yet another musical irk - Taylor Swift using the phrase "Could care less" in her latest bobbins excuse for a song.

As if it wasn't bad enough that the song is rubbish, it's grammatically incorrect!
                  Watch them grammar!

Comment

You know how hardly anyone ever wins Euromillions and it just rolls over all the time? They're changing it so that instead of choosing Lucky Stars between 1-9, you choose them between 1-11. Which means that it's even less likely that anyone will win it. I don't get it.

Comment

Just exchanged a second faulty PS2 slim to Cash Generator after the previous one I bought there barely worked.

I check it outside the shop and it's the same blimmin' console I switched it for a week ago. I go back in and they insist it's a different machine, despite the fact that all the telltale markings were there and y'know, it plainly frikking isn't.

So I now have to take it back home, pretend I've tried it out, then return it again. Because it doesn't work and that.

Arg.

Comment

Yeah but you'll be able to win a few quid for getting two numbers, although hardly worth the bother really...

Comment

Smiling angry smilies. <<< this one is OK.

Comment

Comment

That's what prompted the post. Also, MSN. Or Windows Live Messenger. Or "we-decided-to-cram-every-social-network-into-your-im-tool".

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X