Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Log in to Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family and people you know.

Kitty Pryde Bishoujo announced. Not that keen myself

Log in to Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family and people you know.

Wonder Woman DC52 revealed also. Again, she seems off which makes me feel better about not bothering with this series.

My Power Girl arrived yesterday which means Huntress is next for me.

Comment

Got my hand on big Red at last. Can't wait to match him up with the new Hulk!

Comment

Aaaaand they keep coming lol. I wanted to try and get the normal edition of Maul instead of the International one but this came up so cheap i couldn't pass! This is the 2nd time i've owned this now and its still my fave Darth Maul statue i love that he twists on the base and his pose works at so many angles.

Comment

Umming and ahhing very hard about one of those PrototypeZ studios Sagat figures. Have had a quote for the kit + assembly and painting, and it'd be the most I've ever spent on a statue/figure but I do really want it. Urk.

Comment

I take it that it's a garage kit of some kind?

Comment

Yeah, it's a great big resin monster.

Comment

Comment

I hate streetfighter, but i have to admit that those do look pretty impressive. I dread to think how hard they are to paint & the cost of the basic kit befopre you even start with the rest.

Resin sure is hardcore skill level, im at my max with plamo

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                    I hate streetfighter, but i have to admit that those do look pretty impressive. I dread to think how hard they are to paint & the cost of the basic kit befopre you even start with the rest.
                    It's not a completely new set of skills. In fact, with the right glue resin kits can be even easier to assemble than non-snap model kits. Problems start when resin kits are badly printed or feature "skinny" joints, but then again if you are used to plastic aircrafts/tanks/whatever model it's nothing new: cut, sand, mask, putty.
                    Once the primer is in place painting takes the same process, the only different thing is the subject, as maybe you won't find that many plastic human/humanoid figures.

Comment

It would be the airbrushing mainly that would be hard for me as i have never done it, but i look one day to getting started as the end results are far superior to using a normal brush, i could probably fudge together a garage kit but the airbrush painting is a bit trickier than with a brush. Many years of painting D&D miniatures has gotten me used to painting but airbrush is unknown territory still.

Looking forward to my kits turning up so i can have a go at modelling again, it sure has been a long time since i did a kit.

Comment

Fuse - care to divulge where you would buy the kit assembled and painted from?

It looks very nice I do say!

Comment

Originally posted by Super Grover View Post
                          Fuse - care to divulge where you would buy the kit assembled and painted from?

It looks very nice I do say!
                          You could go to someone like this...

I doubt for a second it would be cheap but the work does look outstanding.

Neil

Comment

Nice link Neil.

When I view that type of workmanship I know that it's going to cost lots of ?!

Comment

Yay they finally started arriving, so glad my god keron arrived safely as i'd never find another nowdays if it went missing in the post as they are really rare, the box is crazily big. Also the keroro 1.5 kit turned up too. The mould quality is extremely detailed with my panel lining wash & gundam marker i can bring out every minute detail. Only problem is some of the fine details that are added with stickers. May see if i can scan the sticker sheet & get it printed onto water slide decal paper instead.

Ahh keropla, clip together heaven hehe

Comment

Hot on the heals of Red Hulk, i finally got my X23. Awesome to see the team building, XF Deadpool next!

Comment

Working...
                                X