No announcement yet.

Where are they now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that people working in the games industry should be allowed to post here free from their career ties. If they don't break NDA's and don't comment on threads related to their projects it seems unfair that their contracts demands them to be open with their employment.

Anyway I think that we here on NTSC-uk represent a tiny part of the commercial side of gaming now. The money isn't in our passion for the craft, it's in franchises, casual games and mobile appliations. Give it a few years and we will all be gone, games publishers will call it a "Transition" or a "New model" and for the old skool gamers we will call it a "Death" or "Labotomy" of gaming.

Nintendo will probably still release a fun Mario and Zelda game, and DICE will continue being experts in online FPS, but new gems and new ideas will reduce exponentially.

Then the thread can renamed to "Where is game innovation now" and the devs how could have made a difference will be long gone, sick to their stomaches of corporate culture, risk adverse strategy meetings and lack of creative control.

Comment

Matt was a good lad, pity he got a lot of stick in one of his film topics that seemed a bit overboard.

Comment

I still miss Kernow.

Comment

He's at RLLMUK now from what i read the other night

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
            I rarely agreed with anything Flabio said. I shall still miss him though.
            My impression is that it wasn't his opinions people gave him grief about. With him having a real perspective on the industry, he was one of few who could admit that it isn't doing so good right now. Yet every time he presented updates on the outlook, giving new information corroborating that the current economic model isn't feasible, all he ever got in his face was crap. People literally blamed him for facts that were out of his control. Most people in here seemed to want games to be cheaper, with more content than ever before, ignoring increasing development cost and how hard it is to make a profit on an average retail game today. He was merely one of few people realistic enough to realize that things aren't working the way they are. Seems that's how most people are today. Spoilt beyond the ability to see how good we really have it, and instead demanding ever more. But then again, my "opinions" are rarely popular either, so I don't know why I bother.

Comment

Originally posted by losersclub View Post
              He's at RLLMUK now from what i read the other night
              And AO.

I can't be bothered with another forum though, post on far too many as it is.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                I still miss Kernow.
                I don't, his posts were toxic & just dragged everyones threads down if you didn't fit into his distorted little world.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                  I still miss Kernow.
                  I miss him too some of the time .

He did make me laugh on many an occassion, saw a lighter side of even his own sad situations, & could take people having a piss take back too

Comment

Yeah, that's the side I miss.

Comment

Kernow was very amusing but sometimes he needless went over the line.

Comment

Where's Matt (formerly chain *I think)?

Haven't seen him on in a while.

Comment

Post 281 Kit.

Comment

Ah, danke.

Reading a few pages back, it's a shame about Flabio leaving.

Comment

Haven't seen Rossco around for a while, he didn't leave did he?

Comment

Matt's pretty busy at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                                X