No announcement yet.

Where are they now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe if you work for a games company it's best not to mention it at all? that way nobody is going to aim criticism towards you when a developer does something stupid. I know they shouldn't really have to but it might make it easier for them. Tis a shame though as the more people that leave the less rich the enviroment becomes, some people have thicker skin than others i guess.

I work for the NHS & if i left every time someone slagged it off i'd never be here

Comment

I think he said at one point that he was contractually obliged to state who he worked for when posting on forums.
      I guess they can't be accused of spying or bring plants that way.

Comment

Ah that kind of buggers that up then.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
          Ah that kind of buggers that up then.
          That's usually a disclaimer... i.e. "My views in no-way reflect the opinions of the BBC" it doesn't apply if you post anonymously or under a pseudonym*.

* = That doesn't reference any affiliation to said company.
          Last edited by Pikate; 15-04-2012, 13:39.

Comment

All this is why I never tell anyone I'm responsible for Rise of the Robots.

Comment

That thing ran off 10 disks! Burn in HELL!!

Comment

Originally posted by MisterBubbles View Post
                Capcom it was me that maybe broke the camel's back for Flabio's, but he seemed to get riled up pretty easily, and i wasn't or didn't attack him personally, only commented on his boss, if he works in a creative industry he's got to expect some criticism as well as praise, to me he needs thicker skin, so Flabio if your reading maybe you feel you can come back sometime, i enjoyed your posts and insight.
                I think it was your wording and the fact that you directly involved him in it by saying "YOUR ex boss" a couple of times, when in reality all you had to say was Peter Molyneux.

Comment

Saying that though, given he joined the forum in a personal capacity because of his own enjoyment of gaming, maybe he just figured that it wasn't worth all the hassle?

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
                    Where is Charlie? Oh noes, he's going too.

But Seriously. I've come to the realisation this place ain't for me. The discussion about whether the word rapist is offensive or not is a lot more interesting, rewarding and useful than knowing what the members here do to make money, and yet it was fobidden, and that to my drug-addled mind is crazy because when we understand where people are coming from then we don't get upset over the triviality of mere words posted on a screen by strangers, and even if we don't agree with them we can at least accept their position and point of view.

This is a great place for videogame discussion, I can't fault it on that, but it's a little bit too uptight is some regards, too many rules, too many cans and cannots that stem creative and free flowing discussion, that hinder the display of colourful characters. I have no idea how to run a website (maybe strict rules are required to ensure mayhem doesn't ensure or to appease advertisers or draw a greater number of members? I really don't know) but I do know I can't really be myself on here anymore without the tedium of regularly having to explain or defend myself or my position and so the time has come to depart.

But it's no big deal. No need to blow any trumpets or anything, no need to have a little collection for me, or leaving party, haha. Things change. people change. And there we go. I'll still read the site ocassionally so feel free to slag me off or write posts comparing it to the self-exile of a great God. Or you can think who cares, he was a prick anyway. The choice is yours.

Come join me at RLLMUK bredwin.

I found this place a bit too strict. Even when I was having banter with you, one of the mods warned me for it.

Comment

Has Matt left?

Comment

He still pops on every so often.

He gave me some headphone advice the other week, which I appreciated.

To be honest, I'm surprised you're still on here, teddy.

In the same way everybody takes a pop at Flabio for every videogame design fault, everybody knows all of Game's decisions, including not taking gift cards, is your fault!

Plus, the constant sexual harassment from Pikate wanting to make you her Pikachu/Ewok is just demeaning and sexist.

Comment

Ah, rumbled about Game's problems. Oh well, live & learn.

As for Pikate. I don't mind. Attention from the ladeez is always welcome.

Comment

Makes for great entertainment though.

Comment

He did seem to get very worked up, even accused others in the industry of not owning up or backing up his arguments. He sometimes had a point but often he was just kicking off for the sake of it.

Originally posted by MisterBubbles View Post
                              Capcom it was me that maybe broke the camel's back for Flabio's, but he seemed to get riled up pretty easily, and i wasn't or didn't attack him personally, only commented on his boss, if he works in a creative industry he's got to expect some criticism as well as praise, to me he needs thicker skin, so Flabio if your reading maybe you feel you can come back sometime, i enjoyed your posts and insight.

Comment

I rarely agreed with anything Flabio said. I shall still miss him though.

Comment

Working...
                                X