Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was saying to my wife the other day that I have no idea where I would buy double-glazing from and not be worried we were being ripped off.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      I was saying to my wife the other day that I have no idea where I would buy double-glazing from and not be worried we were being ripped off.
      I've got a friend who's a joiner he put them in for us, he helped us measure up and we purchased the units ourselves and paid him to put them in, saved us money and we didn't have to worry about cowboy contractors, that are paid by the job, find a decent joiner would be my advice.

My parents had previously used safestyle and they hire out contractors who are paid by the job so are just wanting to get onto the next job, they yanked out the old windows with crowbars and damaged all the brickwork on the house and did a real crappy job, they payed over the odds and got crappy windows put in with masses of mastic and filler yeah theirs quality and service for you.

Comment

Friend of mine discovered if you leaned on his windows, they moved. They were only held in with filler. No bolts at all.....

Comment

Internet speed.

Just bought a beast of a network car it's pointless though as the connection speed is shocking.

It's like buying a GTX 780 to play pong.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
            Just bought a beast of a network car it's pointless though as the connection speed is shocking.
            Is this like Tron or something?

Comment

Yes, replaced my ****ty light cycle. It was sold to me by a heavily photoshopped jeff bridges.

Comment

Stupid BT, they were meant to turn up on Thursday to set up my broadband, they don't bother to turn up or tell my wife whose waiting in all day they are not coming. After a 20 min conversation with SKY it turns out they claim there was a fault they had to fix on the line first.
                The next time they can come is 2 weeks away! Fuming. If they just send me all the equipment I could just do it myself. They send me the SKY Hub but not the modem.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                  Yes, replaced my ****ty light cycle. It was sold to me by a heavily photoshopped jeff bridges.
                  spits breakfast

Comment

Samsung blurb on new ?7k OLED TV:
                    Immerse yourself like never before as the curved screen surrounds your vision, making you feel like a part of the scene - it's like bringing an IMAX experience into your living room.
                    Oh really?

Comment

NHS stops at the weekend. Wife in constant pain, sat around doing nothing until Monday.

Comment

well my walking dead season 3 limited boxed set is now waiting for me to pay customs duty

I expected to pay something but taken aback at how much it is

item cost me ?65 shipped or ?60 on its own and I have to pay ?24.70 in charges, only ?8 is from parcelforce so unsure how HMRC worked out ?16.70 in charges as that equates to just over 25% in duty (shipped price)

lloydsTSB even took ?3 for an international bank fee cheeky buggers

Comment

What's with these laptop cases on wheels? Just how big are the laptops? Are they powered by a generator?

Or are they just bought by the people that would rather drive around the carpark for 15 minutes than park in a space a the other end and walk for one minute across it.

Comment

Bit pissed.

Thought I'd cave and buy a Vita Killzone pack from Game and they've sold out...Is this in store too?

Comment

I always assumed those also had paperwork on them also.

Comment

Been asleep for about 36 hours ill. WTF!!!!!

woke up at 6pm.

How the **** am I going to get to sleep again?

Comment

Working...
                                X