Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you mean to post that in the smile thread?

I've irked myself this year. For some reason I had little interest in Christmas, even to the point of not decorating until 10am Christmas morning while chatting with my mum. It's been nice and snowy and cold this week, work has been quiet, and I'm content(ish) with the status quo.

Just getting old I think. I imagine when (if) I have kids it'll be fun again but in a different way.

Comment

Re: Little things that irk you 2

Hmmmm. I was responding to the post of ungrateful ****s but it would have been better in the smile thread yeah.

Comment

In response to the little ****s.

My daughter is 4 and is an angel. She sat down for breakfast happily before opening gifts. I made her wait until we made a hot drink too and no issue there. She shares all of her chocolate with me, though I only ever pretend to bite it and let her eat it herself. We go to toy shops and she never asks for anything as she knows the answer is no unless I tell her otherwise. She rarely stamps her feet, always says please and thank you. Never refuses to go to bed at 8pm.

Good parenting goes a long way. Amazing thing is I don't even like the damn critters for the most part and certainly didn't want one of my own.

Comment

just a very minor one the light bulbs at the top of the page, the sound is quite loud and nearly jumped when i first broke one of the bulbs thinking something had smashed in the house or as peter kay said in the telly ad, its the burglars breaking in through the windows lol.

Comment

At least they're wired in parallel.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
              Good parenting goes a long way. Amazing thing is I don't even like the damn critters for the most part and certainly didn't want one of my own.
              Good parenting is something I'll always thank my Mum for. I think you and Selphie have a similar relationship to me and my mum. I'd never ask for anything as I knew it would be a no. As for Christmas, I'd have to wait until after dinner for my presents. But to me that was normal so I didn't complain. I come across as a dick on this forum I think but I consider myself a fairly well mannered and considerate person which I pin on my upbringing.

Actually, I did beg one time for Pokemon Yellow, as I never got R/B for myself and borrowed a friend's all the time. Neither of my parents ever cared for video games so it's not like they'd randomly buy me a game or anything so I was hugely greatful when she said okay. ?24 on sale in Woolworth's.

For Pokemon Gold I saved up my ?1 a week pocket money for 15 weeks, at which point my Mum added another 15 and I got it. Was more of a money saving exercise I think. Can't say I'm as good at saving now though.

I dunno, different strokes I guess.

Comment

Wah wah I didn't get an Iphone or a car.

Answer - Get a f***ing job like the rest of us you expectant twat

Comment

I don't think you are a dick speedy. You make me laugh rather a lot!

Comment

Yeah, there's lot of manly e-hugs going on on IRC most days.

IbroC

Comment

I can't believe my parents bought this crap for me how very dare they so I took my nice car ,Iphone and Ipad I got for christmas and traded it in for a nice pair of socks and a jumper

What?s irking me at the moment I've got into the hell of the friend zone with a girl I like i mean I really like her but I just can't but I just can't seem to change the direction of our relationship .But I also dont want to destroy our friendship I just don't know what to do I think it would be easier to break through the speed of light than break through the friend zone .

Comment

Highway to the FRIENDZONE!
                        Ride into the FRIENDZONE!

We have the Relationship thread for this too btw.

Comment

American cooking measures. A cup of this, half a cup of that ffs a cup is not a proper measure of anything wish I could make a cake for the ****wit that thought this measurement up I would put a cup of drawing pins in the cake just for them thick useless lazy bastard like its so hard to use a ****ing scale [facepalm]

Comment

I've never got this, how can you measure solid foodstuff by volume? It makes no sense!

Comment

Totally with you on that.

Comment

And fourth'd.

Canada Post 2: The hating begins again

So my mail is currently being held as some **** broke the mailboxes in our building. I completely understand why they are not delivering regular mail. Christmas morning I come home from work to find a delivery notice from the previous evening saying I have a package to pick up. Sweet. I ordered quite a few things before the box breakage. Yesterday, just before going to collect the item I realise they didn't take it to the PO 2 blocks from me like normal, but the one 12 blocks away. It was -22 yesterday. I went anyway. No item. I go back today. No item. I check my regular PO just in case. Nope. I go home with the enquires/complains phone number.

Registered item sent from Hong Kong (yes, Play-Asia - the two latest Ryu ga Gotoku games in fact) which must be signed for and arrived in the city yesterday morning. "Delivered to local facility per customer request". Like **** matey. That should have been delivered INTO MY HANDS DIRECTLY.

So I called the number I got about both issues. The first will mean a depot supervisor contacts me within 5 days, and the second should have delivery attempted again.

Comment

Working...
                                X