Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uk. My equipment runs extremely hot. Which isn't a problem, until you have to run around until 9pm, grrrr.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
      Sometimes you wonder why you bother.
      Because she's your mum.

Comment

BT DNS issues.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
          Uk. My equipment runs extremely hot. Which isn't a problem, until you have to run around until 9pm, grrrr.
          Chat up lines 101 (grow up Charles)

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH View Post
            What's up with your Note/Android Brad? My Note 2 performed excellently, went for a Sony Z Ultra this time around and only thing I miss is the rounded corners of the Samsung in the hand. Sony phones are very square and blocky.
            At its original 4.1.2 firmware the Note 2 is utterly brilliant!
            4.3 update halved the battery life. 4.4 halved it again!

I'm now on 4.3 with a bunch of stuff frozen / removed and I'm back to the phone lasting 2 days on 1 charge but the effort to get there was dumb.

Comment

2 days on one charge? I barely get half a day.

Might just be the battery though.

Comment

I think there's a battery drain issue with 4.4 KitKat.

Something to do with the camera and GooglePlay services being always on once you open an app that uses either.

Comment

Said it before and after a walk into town I'll say it again because it's never not the case.

Ignorance is bliss

The people are joyful because the ignorant are everywhere

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post

Something to do with the camera and GooglePlay services being always on once you open an app that uses either.
                    I've not noticed anything like that to be honest. I see update 4.4.4 started rolling out on certain devices yesterday, seems it just appeared, not too sure exactly what the updates are.
                    I get 1.5 days from my Z Ultra, with screen brightness at around 70% too and decent use throughout the day.
                    Last edited by VR46; 28-06-2014, 21:52.

Comment

Genuinely think I'm not related to these people called 'family'. They are just too different. The stuff they care about I literally give ZERO ****s about. ZERO.

They seem focused on trivial ****. If I died tomorrow who the **** would care if I put a ****ing tea spoon that was going to be cleaned anyway in the wrong sink?

Then they complain why I never visit them or speak on the phone. Well, your lives seemed focused on mundane ****. Big world out there full of er... fun and enjoyable stuff. How can people get so far into life and still not realise this?

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post

Deleting Skype sorted my nexus 5 out.
                        The phone was almost too hot to hold beforehand...

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH View Post
                          I've not noticed anything like that to be honest. I see update 4.4.4 started rolling out on certain devices yesterday, seems it just appeared, not too sure exactly what the updates are.
                          I get 1.5 days from my Z Ultra, with screen brightness at around 70% too and decent use throughout the day.
                          Not really noticed a big difference on my Nexus 4/7(2012)/7(2013)/10 with 4.4.4, it's only been a couple of weeks since we got 4.4.3 so there was obviously something they needed to fix STAT.

I'd get rid of facebook apps as well if you have those installed. I turn off my mobile data on my N4 while I'm at home and generally the battery runs me 4-6 days between charges. I always have my older N7 with me so do anything I need to do on that.

Comment

We have a fair few Android devices in the work office for testing purposes, and it is fairly noticeable that the Galaxy phones and tablets seem to drain far more quickly than the Nexus and other brands. I'll be watching on the HTC and similar we will be getting soon to add to the pool.
                            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

So what do you lot do with your old phones?

I've had four mobiles over the years and I still have them all!

1. Nokia 6100. The battery is so good, I've started using it as my work phone!
                              2. Nokia N81. Awesome for emulators as it has face buttons.
                              3. HTC Wildfire. My first Android phone. Better than Symbian, but it felt slow pretty soon.
                              4. Xperia Play. Amazing phone and the best ever for emulators, but the phone storage is constantly full.

It's time to upgrade, I think. I like the smaller phones, so an Xperia Z1 Compact is top of the list, unless anyone has a better suggestion.

But yeah, what do you do with your old phones? I bet some of you have ones sat in drawers better than my current one!

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                                2 days on one charge? I barely get half a day.

Might just be the battery though.
                                It does depend what I'm doing but the real killer is wakelocks. Right now when I don't use the phone e.g. While I'm asleep, the phone will only drop less than 1% per hour. That's with blue tooth wifi and gps on and push email to two accounts. Rogue apps can easily make your phone eat 5 to 10% an hour when you aren't even using it. The problem With My Note2 was that the worst culprits were samsung supplied apps that can't easily Be stopped Unless You root.

Comment

Working...
                                X