This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Be careful, they go in through the ear

Song wasn't all that but the video is amazing i almost want to see an episode like that, where sausages invade the enterprise lol.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
      Be careful, they go in through the ear

Song wasn't all that but the video is amazing i almost want to see an episode like that, where sausages invade the enterprise lol.
      Yeah thanks......I had just got that Barbie video you posted out of my head too! Good night!

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH View Post
        My smile today. Bloke selling Big Issue with one hand while texting on his iPhone on the other hand.
        If I saw a BI seller with an iPhone I'd shake his hand

It drives me nuts when people say "oh, I just give BI sellers the money but don't take the magazine" and then complain about them having iPhones.

On a side note, BI sellers in Japan keep back issues for a few weeks. A colleague uses them for Japanese practice. I might nick that idea...

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        scorchio

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock View Post
          No, Disneyland is Saturday, Legoland is Sunday. Apparently its in Odaiba, it wasnt there when I last visited.
          If it's where I went last year it's a shop.

Comment

Snow melted...then came back with even stronger. Currently 0, with a predicted low of -12 today. September 10th ffs.

Comment

Not really a little thing, but my grandad who passed away a few months ago left me ?45k. I wasn't expecting anything of that magnitude. That will truly make my life easier as I'll be able to use it as a deposit for a first house at some point.

Comment

Sad about your grandpa but awesome that he has helped you to do something to set up the rest of your life. Hi fives to your grand pa

Comment

Yeah it's kind of a weird thing coming into that money from someone you loved having died.

Comment

Makes a huge difference though. After my Dad's parents passed away (within less that a year of each other) the sale of their house in Old Trafford netted him a tidy sum, which came in handy when he was laid off a year later.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                      Yeah it's kind of a weird thing coming into that money from someone you loved having died.
                      That must be odd. I vaguely remember a Simpsons episode with something like that. Homer crying interspersed with Woohoos. Sorry to hear about your grandad. Nice windfall but still sorry for your loss.

Comment

It's kind nice that has come direct to us, when my dad died all of his pension money and life insurance went to his wife who he married just before he passed. He said he would leave stuff for us, but I now know that it will be purely at her discretion now, so I'd written that off as ever coming to me or my sister, especially as I know she has children of her own who I have recently found out she has bought houses for etc.

I've not got any financial support from parents, so this is truly a godsend for me and my sister who both down own a house as of yet, particularly for her as she has a low income and has her 3rd child on it's way.
                        Last edited by EvilBoris; 11-09-2014, 12:37.

Comment

I can relate to that. The former negatives I mean. My dad died a few years ago and I was disappointed to find our he left us nothing. A quick sketchy will left it all to his partner and, like with you, she was in control and gave his own kids nothing. I wrote her a letter asking for one thing: a book I had loaned him that he never returned. Never got it.

So I can appreciate how nice this 45k surprise must be after you've had similar experiences.

Comment

Sad news if you were close, all my grandparents have long passed. 128Gb iPhone now, it's what he would've wanted.

Comment

Just nearly spat out my drink. Cheers Col.

Comment

A decent legacy must feel great as you reach the age where you are done. He must have been pretty happy to go knowing you were getting a nifty gift.

Comment

Working...
                                X