This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wakka View Post
    There's a place about 20 minutes walk away from my flat called the Four Quarters that opened recently. It's a bar with a bunch of arcade machines - they have an MVS six slot with Metal Slug, Neo Bomberman, KoF 98, Top Hunter and a couple of others, a Darkstalkers cab, an SF2 cab, Point Blank cab, Tron cab, Smash TV cab, Space Invaders cab, and a couple of pinball tables (Pirates of the Caribbean and the classic Addams Family).

There are a few other cabs I've forgotten too, think they've got a classic WWF cab I'm not familiar with and a couple of other bits.

All the cabs are original too, no MAME bull****. All the machines were on freeplay last time I went as well. Needless to say it's an awesome, awesome place it's run by the folks behind Retro Game Base in Streatham.
    I've seen that place and it looks nice - fancy popping in for a beer and a game some time?

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
      It's 16.6666% you loons. I know we are out of practice on the whole ntsc-uk stuff but basic maths....

17.5% was old VAT.
      It's actually closer to 16.8%*. NTSC SNES is 60.0988Hz vs PAL 50.007Hz

Comment

I'm not really an expert on SF2 Brad. Well in fact I know very little about it at all. I think it might just be World Warriors though. The thing is I'm always drunk when I'm there.

Deffo Fuse! You'll cane me at the fighters I didn't realize you were London based?

Comment

Brought a Saturn in bad shape back to life.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
            I'm not really an expert on SF2 Brad. Well in fact I know very little about it at all. I think it might just be World Warriors though. The thing is I'm always drunk when I'm there.

Deffo Fuse! You'll cane me at the fighters I didn't realize you were London based?
            West London, but London all the same

Comment

Decided to throw caution to the wind and be a full time student for the next 2 semesters. I expect to do no gaming until May.

Comment

These always make me laugh.

How can someone not know what Zelda is? One girl even mistook Zelda for Sonic. lol

Comment

I assume I now officially old when I watch that video and wonder why kids can't dress themselves.

Comment

Isn't that the little girl out of game of thrones?

Comment

It is.

I never had an NES, my cousin did and we'd play there...

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                        Isn't that the little girl out of game of thrones?
                        I had to look it up but yes!

What made me laugh is that her attire is approriate for the period of the NES.

Comment

Octoberfest in Kobe, 5 minutes walk from the hotel. Whoo-ho!

Comment

That sigh of relief when someone outbids you in the last second on eBay for something you've went a bit mental on bid wise and don't really want!

Comment

Go on Colin, you have to say what you were bidding on!

Comment

He was bidding on a huge RULE BRITTANIA flag. With matching kecks.

Comment

Working...
                                X