This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
    Brewdog pub in leeds has a Super Nes with street fighter, mario kart, and Super Bomberman. Quite good fun having a few Fights, a few races, and a few pints of Dead pony club and Punk IPA. My new fave pub in Leeds.

Didn't try the hardcore IPA 18.9% stuff that they only sold in third pints though, crazy!!

50Hz!

Comment

Drink until your weary eyes start to shut and your brain is running 17.5% slower.

Comment

That 18.9% stuff sounds pretty lethal, wouldn't take many of those to forget the PAL/NTSC debate, hell, bet 90% of the UK gaming population aren't even aware of the "problem".

Comment

Whilst picking up an iPod nano from CEX I spotted the Harry Potter Book of Wonder/dreams/whatever thing when you can cast spells and stuff using Move and the camera and that for ?2.50. Get.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
            Whilst picking up an iPod nano from CEX I spotted the Harry Potter Book of Wonder/dreams/whatever thing when you can cast spells and stuff using Move and the camera and that for ?2.50. Get.
            I feel as if I should be buying every piece of Move software too.

This being the one I need most immediately.

Comment

ok i will go back to the pub and complain

"Er excuse me i know your busy and the pub is full but i think you will find that your SNES is a quite inferior uk model, uk super nintendos or SNES for short ran 17.5% slower than there American and Japanese counterparts to compensate for our 50 hz tv standard therefore i think you should remove these abominations at once"

id be wearing this too

or I could you know enjoy the fact that there is a pub that has some form of gaming in there that isnt a quiz or fruit machine. The fact that I grew up playing Mario kart, and street fighter at that speed blissfully unaware. and the fact that since i cant remember when me and my brothers had a good night of beer and retro gaming.
              Last edited by Lebowski; 19-09-2014, 13:14.

Comment

Yea Speedy, you twat!

That is pretty damn cool actually. Our local Burger Star has an original Williams Defender machine in there.

Comment

The aspect ratio is also wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                    The aspect ratio is also wrong.
                    and its a LCD TV a really crap one it looked pretty bad at first, but a few beers down the road it looked ace.

Comment

I'm sure it's fine for a quick bash at the pub, nice to see original hardware at least!

Comment

It's 16.6666% you loons. I know we are out of practice on the whole ntsc-uk stuff but basic maths....

17.5% was old VAT.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                          It's 16.6666% you loons. I know we are out of practice on the whole ntsc-uk stuff but basic maths....

17.5% was old VAT.
                          I think you will find its 18.7% now when you adjust for inflation

Comment

So after bowling we're hanging around for a bit. The place has arcades as well. My manager points to a machine and says, "My friend developed that game."

The game was Wangan Midnight.

FRIDAY COMPLETE

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                              Brewdog pub in leeds has a Super Nes with street fighter, mario kart, and Super Bomberman. Quite good fun having a few Fights, a few races, and a few pints of Dead pony club and Punk IPA. My new fave pub in Leeds.

Didn't try the hardcore IPA 18.9% stuff that they only sold in third pints though, crazy!!

There's a place about 20 minutes walk away from my flat called the Four Quarters that opened recently. It's a bar with a bunch of arcade machines - they have an MVS six slot with Metal Slug, Neo Bomberman, KoF 98, Top Hunter and a couple of others, a Darkstalkers cab, an SF2 cab, Point Blank cab, Tron cab, Smash TV cab, Space Invaders cab, and a couple of pinball tables (Pirates of the Caribbean and the classic Addams Family).

There are a few other cabs I've forgotten too, think they've got a classic WWF cab I'm not familiar with and a couple of other bits.

All the cabs are original too, no MAME bull****. All the machines were on freeplay last time I went as well. Needless to say it's an awesome, awesome place it's run by the folks behind Retro Game Base in Streatham.

Comment

Point Blank man, so good.

Which SF2 is it btw?

Comment

Working...
                                X