No announcement yet.

What are you reading now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Making of.... The Stone Roses, its unsurprisingly about the Stone Roses and their first album, only started it last night but the first bit was quite interesting and I think its gonna be a good read!

Comment

Finished Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides (The Virgin Suicides,which I've not read) yesterday.

I enjoyed it but I wasn't left in awe of it despite all the plaudits it's received. It's very much 'The American Novel', which I'm always attracted to though I've no firm reason as to why.

Just started Affluenza by Oliver James.

Comment

Originally posted by bingowings View Post

if i'm in a particular mood i'll read it and make fake 'notes' at the same time - you should see the looks on people's faces when they clock what i'm reading...
        Hah! Mint!

Comment

I finished 'I am Legend' last night, it only took a couple of hours to read. Brilliant book, seemed to pack a huge amount of story in to very few pages, and reads like a book written a lot later than it was. A cracker.

Comment

The City by Richard Roberts. Factual look at how the City works. Very interesting if somewhat heavy going.

Comment

Originally posted by k0pp0 View Post
              I finished 'I am Legend' last night, it only took a couple of hours to read. Brilliant book, seemed to pack a huge amount of story in to very few pages, and reads like a book written a lot later than it was. A cracker.
              I finished this a few days ago myself - a very good book, the sense of loneliness you get from it is quite moving I think.

I've just started 'Veron God Little' by DBC Pierre, been meaning to read it for a while and now I finally am. It's ok so far, made me laugh a couple of times.

Comment

Ive just finished The Lies Of Locke Lamora By Scott Lynch. Fantastic book, basically fantasy genre but without the ridiculous cheesy cliched stuff. Some of the best most memorable characters ive read about in a long time, and the book moves along at a good pace and was exciting throughout. Highly recommened people check it out.

Comment

Mortal Engines by Philip Reeve is a fantastic read, and there's a 99p edition of it in Waterstones to boot.

Comment

'Numberninedream' by David Mitchell.

I also recommend 'Cloud Atlas' and 'Ghostwritten' by the same author.

Comment

Just started City of Saints and Madmen by Jeff Vandermeer, which is a collection of short SF/Fantasy fiction centered around a created city.

This month I've also been through: The Night Watch by Sarah Waters; Stuart - A Life Backwards by Alexander Masters; In the Miso Soup by Ryu Murakami; and Dark Star Safari by Paul Theroux.

All were very enjoyable.

Comment

I am finally getting around to reading Slaughterhouse 5 by Kurt Vonnegut.

Poo-tee-weet!

Comment

The Rum Diary by Hunter S Thompson and Holidays In Hell by P J O'Rourke

Comment

STILL reading Da Vinci Code, started it last June I think. Never get time to read unless I'm on a train or chilling out in the garden if its ace weather and neither of those ever happen anymore!

But I've been hammering through it the last week or so so should be finished soon. Really loving it.

Comment

The Quiet American, by Graham Greene.. Liked the film (the 2002 version), so I decided to read the book..

Comment

Just started The Absolute Sandman (Vol 1). It's a collection of the first 20 issues, all recoloured and looking much better for it.

I have read the entire Sandman series through twice in the past but couldn't resist an excuse to go back to it once more.

Loving it all over again.

Comment

Working...
                                X