Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parasols make you think they protect you from the sun, umbrellas ACTUALLY protect you from the rain...even if you buy them from Daiso or Shop99 like I do.

Comment

Slightly off topic, so apologies but does anyone on here living in Japan collect gashas at all?

And if so, do they have a spare Marvel Yujin super deformed Spider-Man from the current Marvel series (wolverine, Hulk, Silver Surfer etc) going spare? I picked up all the rest on holiday but couldn't get a Spidey out of the machine for love nor money >_<

And hi Kryss!

Comment

Hiya Brodie.

Haven't seen them around, when did you get them?
        I only need Twinbee for a complete set of Shooting Game Historica 2.

Comment

Why not go to mandarake in Nakano? they are bound to have it.

Comment

Can anyone tell me what the park is in Tokyo where all the goths/emos/rockabillies hang out?

Comment

Yoyogi park is probably the one. Never bothered going there myself though.

Comment

Avoid Hibiya park at night. Hampstead Heath springs to mind.

Comment

yep,Yoyogi park. Either get the yamanote to Harajuku or the chiyoda line, both stations are very close tothe entrance where the aforementioned are.

Comment

Excellent, will probably check it out.

Comment

You'll probably see them near Harajuku station and in that general area too.

Get to the Meiji Shrine too as it's in the area.

Comment

Lol, I live near the other end of the Chiyoda line.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard.John View Post
                          Enjoy the rain.
                          Lol...got quite lucky actually.

Was grim on Mon but buggered off to Kyoto for 3 days which was great and weather was beautiful. Got back to Tokyo on Thurs afternoon and weather held till we left on Sat lunchtime.

What a great place Japan is...the ppl are truly the nicest, most polite I've ever met. And it's just the fact that Tokyo, for example, but everywhere is so unthreatening. We were staggering round the back streets and bars pissed out of our heads and ppl still go out of their way to help you.

A wonderful, wonderful country and Tokyo has now usurped New York as my fav city.

The missus and I are now trying to work out how we can both get there and work...one day, one day!

Can't wait to return...

Comment

It's just an illusion. Living here is a different story but, on the whole, the positives outweigh the negatives.

Comment

@Richard.John:

"Location: Japan and my car"

What's it like driving in Japan? I saw that Top Gear but I was thinking about trying to rent a car next time I go (hopefully next Summer). Not sure if I'd need to take any special international tests or anything, but my Tomtom's got a Japanese voice so I can practice

Comment

Originally posted by Len View Post
                                Lol...got quite lucky actually.

Was grim on Mon but buggered off to Kyoto for 3 days which was great and weather was beautiful. Got back to Tokyo on Thurs afternoon and weather held till we left on Sat lunchtime.

What a great place Japan is...the ppl are truly the nicest, most polite I've ever met. And it's just the fact that Tokyo, for example, but everywhere is so unthreatening. We were staggering round the back streets and bars pissed out of our heads and ppl still go out of their way to help you.

A wonderful, wonderful country and Tokyo has now usurped New York as my fav city.

The missus and I are now trying to work out how we can both get there and work...one day, one day!

Can't wait to return...
                                Don't want to put a downer on you great experience, but IMHO Japanese people love foriegners as tourists but they have a quite different attitude towards foriegners living here!

ps for all those visiting Japan ALWAYS carry your passport with you at all times - its da law! the police have and will drag you off to the police station if they catch you without it.
                                Last edited by fuji; 29-09-2008, 23:20.

Comment

Working...
                                X