Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't want to get into a big argument here, but the fact is that at Old Trafford, the linesmen are intimidated by the surroundings and are far less likely to give decisions by themselves if the referee doesn't make the first step towards giving it.

The ref knew he would have to send Brown off if he gave it and hence bottled it.

Its not some conspiracy theory, its the truth, as shown by the almost complete lack of penalties against United at Old Trafford in the last ten years.

Comment

Didn't they call it the Eleventh Commandment on Sky once? Thou shalt not give a penalty against Man United at Old Trafford.

Nani goal

Comment

Originally posted by On The Edge of Insanity View Post
        Don't want to get into a big argument here, but the fact is that at Old Trafford, the linesmen are intimidated by the surroundings and are far less likely to give decisions by themselves if the referee doesn't make the first step towards giving it.

The ref knew he would have to send Brown off if he gave it and hence bottled it.

Its not some conspiracy theory, its the truth, as shown by the almost complete lack of penalties against United at Old Trafford in the last ten years.
        Just pointing out the fact that the linesman was in the best position to give the decision but he never so if the ref wasnt sure and his linesman wasnt flagging then there you have it..simple as that realy and im convinced it hit brown on the rib cage and out for a corner so we will just have to agree to disagree mate.

Comment

Originally posted by On The Edge of Insanity View Post
          2006/07 Season
          Man Utd 4-1
          (HT 3-0) Bolton
          Park 14
          Rooney 17
          Park 25
          Rooney 74
          Speed (pen) 87
          Man Utd 3-1
          (HT 0-0) Wigan
          Ronaldo 47
          Ronaldo 51
          Solskjaer 59
          Baines (pen) 90
          City missed and Reading scored the two other penalties conceded away.

Comment

Add to that list the Arsenal Penalty that PIG saved last season before Arsenal went on to win the match 1-0. Also Reading had a penalty given late on as well if i remember correctly from a Silvestre tackle late in the game.

Tottenham fans can moan all they want but SkySports verdict was that both incidents were not penalties and MOTD2 agreed that both were NOT penalties. But Jol says they were so he must be right.

Comment

Concerning the match its funny how we play great for 3 matches and get nothing from any of them, then play crap and win against Spurs. Football just can't be explained sometimes.

A win against Keano next weekend and the title defence is well and truly back on.

Comment

Looking at the above quoted results (bowser's post), isn't it telling that every one of our scorers is either injured or suspended?

Comment

Yup yup, thats why we need them back ASAP. We escaped with 3 points today but it cant last with the way we were playing.

Comment

Originally posted by 1P_King View Post
                    Add to that list the Arsenal Penalty that PIG saved last season before Arsenal went on to win the match 1-0. Also Reading had a penalty given late on as well if i remember correctly from a Silvestre tackle late in the game.
                    Oh yeah, of course, forgot about Arse.
                    I just remembered this stat after Jose said last season Utd never concede penalties and Chelsea are never awarded them:
                    MANCHESTER UNITED v CHELSEA
                    5-------Penalties won--------4
                    4----Penalties conceded----2
                    * Stats from Premiership only
                    Seems the BEEB were wrong. Edit- or said before the City game, heh :P

Tottenham fans can moan all they want but SkySports verdict was that both incidents were not penalties and MOTD2 agreed that both were NOT penalties. But Jol says they were so he must be right.
                    I did a Fergie, in honesty. He said he thought initially Brown had handled; after the replay not so sure. Funnily enough I watched the match on Sky and highlights just now, you're spot on with what the media said. I really can't tell if it was, personally.
                    Last edited by bowser123; 26-08-2007, 23:19.

Comment

However Sky quoted that there have been 38 penalties at old trafford since the premiereship started. 30 of them to man U

Comment

I think it is telling that the games that were quoted, the penalties given were obviously going to be for consolation efforts. When it is crunch time (literally!) they will not be given. And you can quote the Chelsea one but, in all honesty, there are very few shouts for penalties at Chelsea imho.

It is a very good result for Manu, looked bereft of ideas and that is wghen the points REALLY help. The season will get better for them now.

Can I ask honestly though, do you think Nani's was a wonder strike? I really thought a decent keeper would be able to save a fairly central sghhot at a nice height.

Comment

Had a lot of shear power but it wasn't exactly top corner, the Tevez deflection definitely helped it on along with the fact Robinson is...well Robinson.

Comment

SOLSKJAER RETIRES!!?

Oh my god, if this is true I am GUTTED. Ole is a true United legend and I will be sad to see him go. If Saha isn't back soon to help our strikeforce then we now definitely need to buy a new striker!

Worrying times ahead!

Farewell Ole.

Comment

That's sad that it was forced like that, especially when he was planning to retire at the end of this year anyway. What a (20)legend.

I wonder if this means that we'll now have to do some swift business in the transfer market. Tevez and Saha, with Rooney coming back from an injury in about a month no doubt lacking match fitness, gives us very little cover.

Comment

if this is true, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO oh fiddlesticks, OLE is the greatest super sub of all time,

be really need a new striker now, Anelka would do the job,

Comment

Working...
                                X