Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It wasn't the best performance but the most important thing was that we won. Job done!

Comment

Played crap for the last two games, won both. Played well preceeding both, drew one and lost the other.

Comment

Gotta agree with rossco there, definately a penalty.

Not a great performance, but hey we won, that has gotta count for something just now, when we dont look that great going forward

I thought Hargreaves had a superb game, AGAIN.

Comment

We should have Giggs and Ronaldo back for the next game. Rooney is gonna be back in training in the next couple of weeks - he is recovering ahead of schedule apparently. It would be great to have them back in the team.

Comment

I was at a game and it wasn't our best, but thankfully with Saha we had that penetration that we've been lacking. Tevez is no good as the lone striker so he should be better off with Saha until Rooney gets back, which apparently could be as soon as the Everton game in a fortnight. So the next game, then...

Hargreaves was probably our best player, and I liked what I saw with Anderson considering it was his first game.

At least we're through Ronaldo's ban with six points, though. It's up from here

Comment

Hargreaves has been immense for us since he's come into the side, the fact that Edders has sod all to do is testament to our back-line being protected by Hargreaves' relentless running and tackling.

Comment

You could be right he has played well but I think it's got just as much to do with the fact that teams are just sitting back against us playing for a draw.

Comment

I will be interested to see what happens when we do get an early goal against a team playing for a draw, and they have to come and have a go at Utd then we will see.

Comment

Originally posted by arcnas View Post
                    I will be interested to see what happens when we do get an early goal against a team playing for a draw, and they have to come and have a go at Utd then we will see.
                    Looking forward to that myself!

Comment

Yay! Vidic has given us the lead in what has been otherwise a dire match.

Comment

Played wank but it's a win.

Comment

Hmmm didnt get to see the game today, was it even on TV?

Seemed dire though, but a win is a win!

Comment

Anyone watching us play Sporting Lisbon or is everyone still in wrapped up in Halo 3 hype?! Well it's half time and pretty much the usual story for us away in Europe, uninspiring and dull. Sporting have been the better side and would be ahead if it were not for a truly amazing save by Edwin!

Comment

1-0! Superbly crafted goal and scored by.....yup you guessed it, the returning Cristiano Ronaldo!

Edit - Finishes 1-0, a game of two United players. Ronaldo was brilliant and if anyone was gonna get a goal it had to be him. He got a standing ovation from the whole stadium when he was subbed near the end. The other key United player was Van der Sar who made 2 brilliant saves, one in the first half and one in the second half. Overall we were not that great but got the win, will need to be better on Sunday against Chelski.
                              Last edited by ezee ryder; 19-09-2007, 20:38.

Comment

Great win against Chelsea today!

It wasn't the best game of football, but it had plenty of incidents and loads of talking points.

Overall, I thought we deserved to win as we were the better team and created the most chances whereas Chelsea hardly created any.

Comment

Working...
                                X