No announcement yet.

World Cup 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like Milner failed the test and so the universal mid-field sub Wright-Phillips steps up to the mark.

But for heaven's sake the England mid-field look as though they've barely played together. The US are noticeably superior in that area so far.

Comment

Oh bugger me Green Deary me.

Comment

Comment

Shocker from Green. Wasn't even an unlucky bounce.

Comment

What is it with our keepers making basic mistakes?

Comment

Plenty of time to recover in the game. Green will be ribbed about this for years to come.

Comment

gerrard and lamps don't protect the back 4.

i said before the game here that green gave me the jitters and that was awful

irony in SWP coming on after 30m forMilner, remember Jose taking him off for chelsea at same time for not doing what he was told

Comment

I reckon Englands goalies suck since Shilton quit. But I feel for that guy, no goalie wants this.

Why SWP, btw? I'd choose Young for the squad.

Comment

Et voila - just what happens when you don't play your number one players in an important match right from the start.

Failing injuries Green's WC is over after that even if England win. That's right up there with Peter Bonnetti in Mexico 1970.

Comment

We really do need to sort out our keepers.

Personally I'd have gone with Hart as I've never rated Green.

Comment

I would have gone with Hart.

Comment

Complete and utter Pauline Fowler from Green, but it's the least the US deserve, to be honest.

Dempsey, Donovan and Bradley have ran the show in midfield for the US and England haven't been able to deal with it.

England unable to keep possession...where have we heard that one before?

Meh.

Comment

James would have been my first choice.

Comment

Originally posted by merf View Post
                              gerrard and lamps don't protect the back 4.

i said before the game here that green gave me the jitters and that was awful

irony in SWP coming on after 30m forMilner, remember Jose taking him off for chelsea at same time for not doing what he was told
                              Defensively we had ok shape for the goal, it should only be a wonder strike out of the blue to result in a goal from that position.

It'll hurt us defensively though. When you don't trust the keeper, your defenders aren't nearly as confident (look at Chelsea with Hilario compared to Chelsea with Cech).

Comment

Originally posted by Yoraths mullet View Post
                                James would have been my first choice.
                                I don't rate him either.

It's not like he's inexperienced in the "making mistakes while playing for England" department either.
                                Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 12-06-2010, 19:24.

Comment

Working...
                                X