No announcement yet.

World Cup 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nah, I didn't get why Capello selected him. For this game, I would deffo start with Joe Cole.

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
    Have to completely disagree about Taffarel. He was one of the few Brazillian keepers who actually had quality.

He's got 2 WC Final appearances and 1 WC Winner's Medal more than you or I, that's for sure.
    Thats the thing, he stood there on the world cup stage (a place where penaltiy shootouts are decisive), but he was mostly crap on club level. I never found him to be that special.

Comment

Originally posted by HumanEnergy View Post
      What a pass from Lennon, shame about the finish but you can't score them all.
      This is Heskey we're talking about.

He doesn't score them at all.

Comment

Originally posted by saturn-gamer View Post
        Thats the thing, he stood there on the world cup stage (a place where penaltiy shootouts are decisive), but he was mostly crap on club level. I never found him to be that special.
        He wasn't a world beater at club level, but he wasn't rubbish at club level, either. His club career was nomadic but decent in terms of winning things.

Penalty shootouts can be decisive in World Cups, but they've only been more and more prevalent in recent tournaments.

Agree to disagree, I guess.

Comment

Looking at the match, we look tired and in need of a change and because of the rediculous decision to play King we now have only 1 sub left.

Comment

Problem could be that the USA is known for their fighting spirit, and good endurance.

Altidore did beat that defense by quite a bit.

This new ball kind of seems to defeat the purpose of direct FK's.

Comment

Lennon: run at the defence you nobber! Stop passing it backwards. He doesn't do it at club level so why at international?

Comment

Plus, only Rooney looks like scoring.

Comment

These wingers are lousy. Why was a right sided player picked to play on the left, who is so out of sorts that he was replaced in the side at club level? He was replaced at Citeh by a guy with a left foot, who has been sent packing by Muppet Show.

Both SWP and Lenin have missed sitters.

Good response by Green to save when Quitter got skinned.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post

Good response by Green to save when Quitter got skinned.
                    Not necessary, dude.

Makes you come across as Team Andromeda-foolish, when you're not.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                      Not necessary, dude.

Makes you come across as Team Andromeda-foolish, when you're not.
                      lol. he did quit , though . it ' s not really a cuss .

he 's been far better than King , mind .

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                        lol. he did quit , though . it ' s not really a cuss .

he 's been far better than King , mind .

I see what you did there with your post...brilliant!

Comment

that was pretty poor against a hardworking but distinctly average looking US team

enjoyed the game as a whole but so much was wrong in that team and line up I don't know where to begin.

still not out yet and you don't win it in the first game.

Comment

A performance like that is all to famillier with England and with a shocker of Greens error as well just compounds a realy poor show.

Did we realy expect anything else.??

Comment

Well, we had more of he play but credit to USA for holding on. Not an awful result but a poor way to concede a goal.

Comment

Very disjointed performance. 5 days of misery and doom mongering in the papers until the next game as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X