No announcement yet.

World Cup 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh dear, what a horrible decision that was.

Comment

What's the record for reds at a WC? Best performance of the tournament so far from Germany.

Comment

That basically ends Australia for the tournament now.

For those playing the fantasy league: You're allowed to sub players in and out of your first eleven during the gameweek... *goes off to sub Cahill out*

Comment

lol, i was just about to write a post about how good the refereeing has been in general this tournament and how unlike previous tournaments it's been really nice that this one has not been ruined by a whole load of harsh yellow and red cards. fifa don't help by not allowing poor decisions to be appealed (e.g. laurent blanc in 1998) unless they have changed that policy?
          Originally posted by Flabio View Post
          For those playing the fantasy league: You're allowed to sub players in and out of your first eleven during the gameweek... *goes off to sub Cahill out*
          me too

Comment

First bad decision of the tournament. Australia have had it now.

Wasn't even a yellow in my books

Comment

Glad Cahill's gone, makes it even sweeter it wasn't a proper red - scumbag.

Comment

If you watch in the replay he has a little kick out at someone just before he dives in, so I'm guessing the ref has decided there was intent.

Comment

Good goal, should be more.

Comment

Greaseball got that decision wrong. Good stuff from the Germans. What's the story behind this ball perk? Where they trialling it?

Comment

Yet another **** hot performance from the Germans.

Why can't we play like that?

Comment

Adidas make the balls for the world cup, they also make the balls for the Bundesliga. So I guess they just started supplying them for the games.

The Germans seem to want to try and get a goal for every striker in their 23.

Comment

The German's whilst not setting the league scene in Europe alight - Bayern's activities apart, they always do well at national level and their record is admirable.

I don't know what the answer is, maybe the players play similar roles to their club ones, England managers can't stop farting around with putting players out of position, apart from Sir Alf Ramsey though in 1966.

Comment

Germany doing this shouldn't be a surprise.

Podolski has been one of my favourite players for years now and it always amazes me no English club has taken a punt and attempted to bring him to the premier league.

Klose is just Klose, he always scores.

Schweinsteigger is a great player too and Ozil, whilst young...well, I'd kill for a midfielder like him in the England squad. Add in a discliplined defence and throw in Lahm (magnificent and people think he's far older than he is) and you've got a very very good first eleven.

With Cahill, it should probably have been yellow but someone had a dig before Cahill went in and technically speaking, if the referee believes there was serious intent then it isn't actually incorrect to send him off.

Comment

Answer? Discipline, team spirit, white jersey that gives them a 200% boost.

Do you ever see them complaining? Teams like Netherlands, England, they likely self destruct. They play with players like Gerrard and Lampard in one team, because they feel they have to. Germany kicks a Kuranyi out of the squad, so that nothing can undermine the teamspirit. I wished we did the same with Sneijder, I feel he's going to be a negative factor.

Germany is the ultimate tourney squad. Individually speaking, they aren't the best. But as a team they give 200%. The failed attempts from Argentina last saturday would be punished by this Germany. Finalist in 2002, 2008... semi's in 2006.. says it all.

Comment

Interestingly, how many of the German players play in the English leagues?

Hmm...

Comment

Working...
                                X