Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maradona looks like the first level boss in Vigilante

Comment

Diego looks to me like he's been transported from an 80s episode of Miami Vice where he was playing the part of a mid level drug dealer who owns a bar.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
        1990 West Germany 4 -1 Yugoslavia
        1994 Brazil 2 - 0 Russia
        1998 France 3 - 0 South Africa
        2002 Brazil 2 - 1 Turkey
        2006 Italy 2 - 0 Ghana

God you're right. Every one is a tight game or a draw.
        *shrugs*

It's still bad form to mix different metrics like they did and it's a commonly used method of hiding figures that don't fit in with the point they're putting across.

Comment

whilst form or quality of play is a subjective thing its an unarguable objective fact that the last 5 winners have started with a win, and nobody has ever won the WC having lost their opening match.

there is clear correlation & causality here I'd say as a draw or loss in your opening game could, as in the case of Spain & England, send you on a far harder course to the final itself.

liking watching argentina, good going forward but with a whiff of Newcastle in the defence, which could be their undoing as they seem to like wasting chances in their 2 matches so far

Comment

Originally posted by merf View Post
            good going forward but with a whiff of Newcastle in the defence
            They'd been drinking?

*baddum tsh*

Spanish football fans speculate that goalkeeper Iker Casillas may have been distracted by his TV reporter girlfriend.

Good to know we're not the only country with a stupid obsession with wags

Comment

Greece coach Otto Rehhagel on why he won't change his side's cautious style

"We have played our way and have been successful. We want to attack the goal of our opponent, but when our opponent is better than us that can also create difficulties."
              Doesn't bode well for this game then.

Comment

Greece were comfortably the worst team in the first round of games. Not even sure why I've got this one on the radio...

Comment

Remind me again...
                  How did Greece win Euro 2004?...

Might as well pack their bags now.

Comment

A bit of luck and some incredibly negative football.

Remember in euro 2008 when they were time wasting 30 minutes into the first half and were being booed by just about the whole stadium

Comment

Been a lot more entertaining today; probably due to it being the second round of group games. Another goal keeping mistake as well from Enyeama

Comment

can't stand the way the Greeks (or Bolton, Blackburn etc) set out to play, can't believe they are gonna eek out a win here.

could really see that shot the goalie spilled move on him in the air, even though it was only a daisy cutter

Comment

You'd have to fancy Korea now to go through with the Argies. Feel a little sorry for Nigeria though. Just completely out of form.

Comment

Greece attacked them in the first half when Nigeria went down to ten, Fact is, they could play like that 11 v 11 and have much more success long term.

Their equaliser was lucky, but to be fair, they did attack and it did like it was coming.

2nd half starts and they play negative again, Nigeria look in it and missed a sitter, 2 V 1 then 1 V open goal...was open for a while until Greece got their second..off a keeper mistake who up until that point was absolutely stunning in goal.

Ten men ulitmately cost them, but Nigeria didn't seem to want a point after going down 2-1...I'm really dissapointed in them.

Somehow entertaining game. I fancy Argentina to make double figures even in this day and age.

Comment

Originally posted by merf View Post
                              can't stand the way the Greeks (or Bolton, Blackburn etc) set out to play, can't believe they are gonna eek out a win here.
                              Sorry...what? Bolton haven't played that since Coyle tookover.

Baddiel and Skinner's podcasts had a similar nonsense, talking about how the smaller teams were full of "Bolton players"...despite having more Englishmen that most of the other teams around us now.

Greece are basts though, their win just cost me a potential £3 credit @ shopto.net!!

Comment

its clearly going to take a long time to wash that Allardyce/Megson stench off Bolton isn't it ?

Comment

Working...
                                X