No announcement yet.

World Cup 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy for Forlan, he didn't make it with us but always thought he was a good player with a cracking shot.

Glad he's doing well.

Comment

Originally posted by saturn-gamer View Post
      Nice ball by Luis.

But I wanted Bafana to go through...
      Hopefully France draw tomorrow, and the game next week will be a real nail biter.

Comment

Yeah, I actually settle with anything that can send France home. Horrible team and coach.

Comment

Haha superb, here he is on Fantasy Footy, what a legend.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Best thing about that game was the gf's Dad telling us when he worked in Libya he was at the African Cup when they hosted it, and Gadaffi came riding onto the pitch on a horse wearing the number 9 shirt.

So much for those damn horns being the 12th man!

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
            Haha superb, here he is on Fantasy Footy, what a legend.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Best thing about that game was the gf's Dad telling us when he worked in Libya he was at the African Cup when they hosted it, and Gadaffi came riding onto the pitch on a horse wearing the number 9 shirt.

I forgot just how funny those Pheonix From The Flames sketches were. Just watched a load now. Top Stuff.

Comment

So, according to myth-busting slow starts stats, does that mean Germany are going to win the World Cup as the only team to fly in their opening game

Comment

I can live with Germany winning as I have them in my work sweepstake.

Comment

lets see what germany are like when they play a decent team. whilst their performance was impressive, it was against a very poor Australia team.

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
                    Because if you kick it high enough to clear the wall, it ain't coming down on the other side.
                    in which case you'd expect to see loads of overhit balls sailing over the box too, noticed it recently in the prem too, its not been just at direct free kicks with walls in the WC, so many corners or out on he sidelines FKs don't clear the first defender.

so where does all the money go then FIFA :-

As the World Cup (excuse me, the 2010 FIFA World Cup) was officially declared open last week amid great colour and emotion, one man in p...

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                      Hopefully we see the back of them when S.Africa are thankfully dumped out of the Cup . So much for embracing Football and the word. Empty seats , lets leave when out side is 2-0 down (even though you might never get a world Cup again,what fans of football ) .Compared to the way the S.Korean and Japanese embraced football , cheered on their sides through thick and thin, their teams run their hearts out and never gave up , and put on one hell of a World Cup as an result

This a joke compared to that, with those horns just getting on everyone tits and one of the worst World Cup's I can ever remember . Don't see it getting much better either

Comment

Originally posted by merf View Post
                        nicked from F365 letters page today but it makes a gret point about the myth of starting slowly :-

Firstly Italian 90. Winners West Germany - They started with a 4-1 win over Yugoslavia (who made it to the quarters) and then thumped UAE 5-1. Not really a slow start that.

USA 94 - Winners Brazil - Opened with a 2-0 victory over Russia and then thrashed the at that time highly rated Cameroon 3-0.

France 98 - Winners France - Won all 3 of their group games with an aggregate score of 9-1. Alright South Afrcia and Saudi Arabia aren't the greatest of competition but Denmark were no mugs.

Japorea 02 - Winners Brazil - Won all 3 group games with an aggregated score of 11-3. Very slow start that. Eventual golden boot winner Ronaldo had 4 by the end of the group stage.

Germany 06 - Winners Italy. And here the myth gets very bizarre because apparently Italy started slowly. Really? Winning 2-0 over both Ghana and the Czech Republic doesn't seem like a slow start to me. Okay drawing 1-1 with USA wasn't great but that was one of those weird games where they had 2 men sent off.
                        Statistics are great aren't they?

Notice they use two different metrics, first game and 'aggregated score'?

I'd be willing to bet, every aggregated figure started with a narrow win or draw.

Comment

1990 West Germany 4 -1 Yugoslavia
                          1994 Brazil 2 - 0 Russia
                          1998 France 3 - 0 South Africa
                          2002 Brazil 2 - 1 Turkey
                          2006 Italy 2 - 0 Ghana

God you're right. Every one is a tight game or a draw.

Comment

Originally posted by Herbalizer View Post
                            lets see what germany are like when they play a decent team. whilst their performance was impressive, it was against a very poor Australia team.
                            You can only beat who is in front of you and while i acknowledge that the Oz team are pants, you can't escape the fact that Germany were very very good. Their general play, movement and passing was first rate.

Comment

think the Korean goalie could have done better with the header from, who Ray Parlour seems to be insisting on calling, Higwhyheen

Comment

What a cock-up by Demichelis! Maybe that'll put a few doubts in the Argentine minds and make a game of it in the second half.

Comment

Working...
                                X