F.A Cup Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HumanEnergy View Post
    With 10 men it'll help being able to lump it to Crouch on occasion. Despite his scoring record Crouch has worked well with VdV this season, he's got a load of assists.
    Which really annoys me when people slate him. VdV would have very few goals if not for Crouch. It doesn't matter who puts the ball in after all.

Comment

I might kick the telly if I hear that tit Adrian Chiles say that he can see the bewilderment in the foreign players eyes one more time. They play lower league / semi-pro teams in foreign cups too; Real Madrid lost to a non-league side in the Spanish cup last season! Can't let that get in the way of a good stereotyping though.
      Last edited by EJG1980; 20-02-2011, 13:08. Reason: I can't spell

Comment

Gotta love the punditry on ITV haha....

Comment

"No I'm not being patronising to Notts county but they really do deserve to be in front!"

Saying you're not being patronising makes it extremely patronising. You're basically saying you don't expect anyone to think you're earnestly saying that.

Comment

How awesome would it be if there was a station where you could watch football matches with no commentary, but still with crowd noise and stuff?

Commentary is for the radio.

Comment

Sky used to offer crowd noise only. It was awesome.

Guessing they got rid of it so they could force you to endure their endless hyping up of games and players that bear no resemblance to the on pitch antics.

Does get annoying hearing about 'amazing passes' that go to the corner flag to someone closesly marked by two players and who quickly loses the ball. Not to mention such insightful comments such as "all that had to do was go a metre either side of the keeper and it was a goal".

And of course the Rooneygasms: Rooney...Rooney...ROOOOONEEEEY!!!! Oh.. it was 5 metres wide. Of course, now every overhead kick is "doing a Rooney" because he's the only player to have ever scored that way !
              Last edited by abigsmurf; 20-02-2011, 14:04.

Comment

I bet you enjoyed Andy Gray's Steven Gerrard love fest just as much lol.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                  Of course, now every overhead kick is "doing a Rooney" because he's the only player to have ever scored that way !
                  Oh God, really? I'd tear my face off.

Comment

Nice to see the magic of the cup still alive with the bumper attendance at Man City

Comment

Heard at least one commentator say it.

In the last few years there's been a big push in for Sky commentators to create their own "they think it's all over" quotable moments so you constantly get this over hyping and games filled with punditry rather than commentary. It's amusing when you hear them start to churn off a prepared statement only to quickly stop when a shot gets saved or goes wide.

Then of course there's the page of statistics they go through for the first 30 minutes: "Spurs have never won away on a sunday when a goal was scored in the first 5 minutes by a player with brown hair!"

Comment

Originally posted by HumanEnergy View Post
                        Nice to see the magic of the cup still alive with the bumper attendance at Man City
                        Laughable isn't it. All this talk of them being a huge club and the new power house in Manchester, they don't even fill their ground.

Comment

City? A big Club? That's a long running joke

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                            Heard at least one commentator say it.

In the last few years there's been a big push in for Sky commentators to create their own "they think it's all over" quotable moments so you constantly get this over hyping and games filled with punditry rather than commentary.
                            The Man U game on ITV yesterday was good for this. The bloke was blathering on, "2005 Man U held 0-0 by Burton Albion (or whoever), 2006 0-0 held by Leyton Orient". This was while Man U were 1-0 up.

Comment

Bring on the draw...

Comment

Feel a little sorry for County after that (and you don't often hear a Forest fan say that), cause it turned into a bit of a spanking in the end and they played better than the scoreline suggests.

Comment

Working...
                                X