No announcement yet.

Premier League 2011/12 general thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't worry, things will become clearer soon. If Spurs and Arsenal keep up this form they're going to be capitulating to teams from all over the country and then it'll be easier to tell all the different humiliations apart.

We've failed to beat Man Utd so many times it's like we have some form of Stockholm syndrome now. As if we almost look forward to bending over, dropping our trousers and saying "Please Sir Alex, may I have one more?"

Comment

Just saw something unexpected scrolling along the Sky Sports News breaking news bar: Arsenal have (according to SSN) made an enquiry to Chelsea about the availability of Yossi Benayoun.

Comment

Suprising as they'll probably have to fight off Spurs for him. Will jack up the price for whoever gets him.

I rated him when he played for us but long term injuries and better players in the squad for that position mean he doesn't really have a place in our squad now.

Comment

Smurf has Liverpool on the tip of his tongue like he has Tourette's. It's killing him for some reason. Maybe the Luis Garcia goal still stings?

Comment

Benayoun won't go to Arsenal. He'll get offered a two year contract there but Spurs will give him five.

Comment

I doubt Levy would give a player of his age, with his injury record, a five year contract. He'd only be 18 months younger than Gallas was when we signed him, and he only got a one year deal (extended for another two at the end of last season).

Comment

He's not even talking to Spurs, apparently.

Can't say I blame him

Comment

Although I like him, hes really good player, I doubt whether we sign Benayoun or not will have any influence on the success or failure of Spurs' season. Definitely other areas of the team we need to bolster first.
                  Last edited by EJG1980; 29-08-2011, 22:46. Reason: Thought my original post sounded a bit twatish

Comment

Andre Santos is coming to Arse for ?6.2m subject to a medical etc. Direct replacement for Clichy, and it only took two months or something. Along with Park, Benayoun maybe and Cahill maybe, Arsenal would start to have a team.

€35m offer for Goetze (srsly) has been rejected too. Things are afoot at the Grove.

Comment

Interesting days ahead. Wenger might be about to show he still has something about him. Benayoun would be an excellent signing for them. He possesses the ability to play amongst them and is also capable of more direct attacking than some Arsenal players.

Comment

Comment

Liverpool turned down a ?8mill + Benayoun for Meireles. Not sure how serious that was, seems low. Could just be a tactic to drive up Benayoun's price.

Certainly looks like we're going to make a profit on him at this rate.

Comment

Reports from France (of all places) that Arsenal have signed Mertesacker.

Looks like some other sucker can overpay for Cahill or Bolton can lose him for nowt next year! It's quite funny, really. Bolton's going to the press was clearly an attempt to embarrass Arsenal into upping their offer because clearly they feel they need to get rid of Cahill, but instead they've just killed the deal dead and now they're stuck with him.

Comment

Suckers overpaying for a player, you say? Out of the way, professionals coming through! The Metro are reporting that Spurs are in for Cahill. Although The Metro is only one level above a crazy man who lives in a public toilet saying Spurs are in for Cahill.

Comment

Of course overpaying for a player makes you a sucker. If fewer teams did it there'd be fewer teams in so much trouble financially.

How on Earth would it have been professional to go to Bolton and say "HERE'S ?20m" just because that's what they want, when it's nowhere near the actual valuation of the player? That's ?10m they'd be writing off for nothing. How professional.

Arsenal are a team that sold Cesc for ?35m this summer, don't forget, so it's not like they're not on the receiving end too.

Comment

Working...
                                X