No announcement yet.

Premier League 2011/12 general thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chelsea want a midfielder but I don't think we'll pay over the odds for one now. I'd imagine there's a couple of cheap gambles lined up if Premier League sides try to make us pay over the odds for one.

Malouda, Kalou, Alex and Benayoun could bring in a lot of cash though.

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
      Of course overpaying for a player makes you a sucker. If fewer teams did it there'd be fewer teams in so much trouble financially.

How on Earth would it have been professional to go to Bolton and say "HERE'S ?20m" just because that's what they want, when it's nowhere near the actual valuation of the player? That's ?10m they'd be writing off for nothing. How professional.

Arsenal are a team that sold Cesc for ?35m this summer, don't forget, so it's not like they're not on the receiving end too.
      Not disagreeing with you at all, I was just having a little joke at the fact that Tottenham have quite often been that sucker (see Bentley, David ).

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
        Liverpool turned down a ?8mill + Benayoun for Meireles. Not sure how serious that was, seems low. Could just be a tactic to drive up Benayoun's price.

Certainly looks like we're going to make a profit on him at this rate.
        Meireles is quite old now, considering that and its the first offer ?8mil isn't so bad. Now Aquilani is gone I'd be surprised if they sell him, he is a good player and showed his quality when he came on. Injuries always happen throughout a season so to have him in the squad brings a depth not seen around Liverpool for a long while.

Comment

Arsenal will give you ?1.2m and a packet of crisps (your choice of flavour) for Malouda, Alex and Benayoun.

Comment

Arsenal will give you ?1.2m and a packet of crisps (your choice of flavour) for Malouda, Alex and Benayoun.
            Tell them it's a pack of Twiglets or else the deal is off!

Comment

Chelsea want a midfielder but I don't think we'll pay over the odds for one now. I'd imagine there's a couple of cheap gambles lined up if Premier League sides try to make us pay over the odds for one.

They'll need to bring in a lot seeing as Chelsea have spent huge amounts this year. What is it, something like 150 million?
              Torres and Luis for 75, Mata and Lukaku for 50, there was also that young keeper and the Barca midfielder who where something like 15 for the pair? There was also that young Mexican lad which takes you real close to that sum of one hundred and fifty million.

To think they've also definitely bid 30 million and allegedly upped it to that amount and Yossi which has got to equate to an offer of over ?35M for Modric.

Comment

Tell them it's a pack of Twiglets or else the deal is off!
                Half a packet of Twiglets up front.

The rest will be sent based on player performances, etc.

Comment

If we sign Pete Samaras ... I'll vomit.

It's got to be a bad rumour, probably originating from a Mag. It's got to be. Please.

Some bloke on the Sunderland message board reckons Cattermole is off to Arsenal before the window shuts. Wenger just can't get enough of those reds.

Comment

Cattermole seems way too much of a liability for Arsenal.

For the next few days I doubt there will be any player not linked in some way to Arsenal.

Comment

I think the plan is to buy all the players in the Premier League that are likely to smash an Arsenal player's leg to bits, thus improving our injury record.

Comment

Sunderland need to sack Bruce before he signs Samaras.

I actually think he has an abundance of talent, but is a luxury player, doesn't score a lot and generally can't be arsed.

Also it looks like Arsenal will get no return on their Park-chu-young investment, this player has to serve 2 years national service before the age of 30, he's 26 now, do they let him go for free when his contract runs out....is that a plan?
                        Last edited by Baseley09; 30-08-2011, 11:37.

Comment

There are some fun rumours flying around: Joe Cole to Lille, Federico Macheda to Sunderland or Spurs, Owen Hargreaves to Man City, Clint Dempsey to Arsenal...

Parker to Spurs could be in doubt as Jake Livermore was supposedly to go to West Ham on loan as part of the deal but he's turned it down.

Comment

Rumours of Peter Crouch to Stoke for... ELEVEN MILLION

I love the end of the transfer window

Comment

It's like Christmas for grown-ups.

I just know I'm going to get that present I never wanted, ever, ever, ever.

Comment

Rumours of Peter Crouch to Stoke for... ELEVEN MILLION

BBC are now reporting that QPR are in for him too, same price.
                                Last edited by EJG1980; 30-08-2011, 13:08.

Comment

Working...
                                X