Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Games Related Bargains Thread NTSC/PAL (posts without bargains will be removed)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i get all my dvd's from them that are over the ?17.99 threshold and they are a very good company

because Play.com was forced to split i was getting stung for everything over ?18 - been getting quite expensive dvd's from them since and every one has arrived with no charges

worth a look

Comment

Just a word of warning, I have used them twice and both times the goods took over 3 months to arrive. They dont respond to emails much either. They may be fine with games though.

Comment

I've bought somewhere over 100 DVDs over the years from them, though, and only had that problem twice. So it obviously varies. Craig and co. were pretty good at chasing postal problems up when I gave them a ring.

Comment

I can vouch for Craig and co. too, used them for a number of years now and never, ever had a complaint about them.

Anxiously awaiting my R1 Sin City though...

Comment

Conversely I'm still waiting for my Viewtiful Joe 2 GC to even get out of the 'Order Taken' stage placed on the 7/7

Gonna cancel it methinks...

Comment

Yep, I'm having a similar experience waiting for my Bomberman DS order to move - taken a couple of weeks ago and no movement since.

Money has been taken, no response from my email.... and apparently they only refund in credit??

Comment

Due to what must be have been a pricing error I just picked up a preowned
                Stranger's Wrath for 13 Euro in Game. It was right next to a bunch of copies priced at 50 Euro. I heard so many great things about this game so I get wait to get into it, waiting 'til the dead of night. I'm gonna put permanent marker all over the big EA logo so I won't feel so dirty.

Comment

Originally posted by Morcerf
                  Yep, I'm having a similar experience waiting for my Bomberman DS order to move - taken a couple of weeks ago and no movement since.

Money has been taken, no response from my email.... and apparently they only refund in credit??
                  That's illegal. Just be assertive and they'll refund, although you shouldn't have to moan...

I very rarely use Movietyme, btw, because they're seldom cheap and have a bad rep on some forums (banned from mentioning them on one in particular).
                  Last edited by anephric; 03-08-2005, 19:40.

Comment

Movietyme are awful if there's a problem - spent loads with them, had three problems. The final straw was when two dvds i needed for xmas hadn't arrived, when I complained they refused to answer emails, until two weeks after xmas, when they sent replacements which were second hand...obviously someone's xmas viewing!

And, as mentioned, they are seldom cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by anephric
                      That's illegal. Just be assertive and they'll refund, although you shouldn't have to moan...

I very rarely use Movietyme, btw, because they're seldom cheap and have a bad rep on some forums (banned from mentioning them on sone in particular).
                      Do you know the full story behind the dvdforums row?

I do and its not any fault of movietyme, well i heard movietymes version and thedvdforums will not say anything just we can't talk about them so i would take it as the truth.

Comment

I've read snippets.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mole
                          Do you know the full story behind the dvdforums row?

I do and its not any fault of movietyme, well i heard movietymes version and thedvdforums will not say anything just we can't talk about them so i would take it as the truth.
                          What is movietymes version?

Comment

Killzone for the PS2 is ?4.99 from PC world, ?4 delivery I think. However you can do a "save&collect" for your local store and pay no delivery - don't know if they will honor the price instore, but I will find out tomorrow

EDIT: Just went and picked my copy up. Was stickered as ?4.99 instore aswell. Notts PCworld had a couple of copies left on the shelf.

F_P
                            Last edited by fiendicus_prime; 08-08-2005, 11:43. Reason: Additional info!

Comment

As well as the ongoing "Black Cube + normal controller, Potter, Donkey Konga + Bongos = ?50" offer at Toysaurus, they're doing another one for those of us already with Cubes that might entice a few: Konga 2 + Jungle Beat + two sets of Bongos for the same price.

Comment

Working...
                              X