X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rushy View Post
    Dust Devil
    Ahem... Devil

Rushy, quick question about the music... I seem to hear some tracks more often than others so if it's set to select tracks at random, is it random where it picks a random track until all have been played or random where it plays a track and the next one is completely random (ie. doesn't keep a record of what has already been played out of all songs on the soundtrack?).

I think that makes sense

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101 View Post
      Another unscripted comedy moment this evening.

Hammering around the track and the biker infront of me won't get out of the way. I start hammering the horn and the cheeky little oik turns around and vic's me. In a split second moment of road rage I decide I'm not having that so I slam the boost button and plough into him. Caught him beautifully so he turned side on - the last thing I saw before he went catapulting over the top of my vehicle was his two fingers

Earlier this evening I was going to post that the bikes really do seem to be the stars of this game. In terms of getting into the race I find they're a lot more close to the action from the dirt and mud spray but also because you're more vulnerable to the other maniacs.

That was, until I uncovered the buggies. Jesus, those things can move and have an engine that sounds like the hovercraft off Half-Life 2. Don't know what the name of the stage it, but it's the huge dusty plateau - haring around that track in those buggies with the scorching sun in the sky was seat of the pants stuff. I lost horribly but still enjoyed the whole experience.

Speaking of the levels, the size and number of routes through some of them is obscene

Stop it, I'm trying to wait for the US version

Comment

Originally posted by segages View Post
        Ahem... Devil

Rushy, quick question about the music... I seem to hear some tracks more often than others so if it's set to select tracks at random, is it random where it picks a random track until all have been played or random where it plays a track and the next one is completely random (ie. doesn't keep a record of what has already been played out of all songs on the soundtrack?).

I think that makes sense
        It is possible (through chance) for one track to repeat more often, but it has been done to reduce this chance as much as possible (similar to what you suggest).

Comment

recieved this game this morning. boy, do i love it. Its incredibly fun to play, i turned the motion sensor on as soon as it booted up. i felt like trying something totally different. It took me a few goes to get use to it, but i just can't go back to using the analogs now. Its just so much more fun and fresh using the sensor controls. Kudos to Evolution for creating the control scheme so perfectly, it could have been very easily turned into a frustrating mechanism, especially when you are knocked about.

has anyone had any problems where the game would now and again the change the view to the cockpit without pressing anything. its happened to me a few times.
          Last edited by SuperBeatBoy; 18-01-2007, 19:55.

Comment

Can't say I've had that happen but then I tend to play it in drivers view anyway as it tends to give the best sense of speed

Comment

Is the music licenced ? is there a track listing somewhere ?

Comment

The music is licensed. There's some great stuff on there (Primal Scream, Spiritualized, Rev Horton Heat to name a few) and some godawful stuff (Slipknot). Doesn't gel well as a soundtrack because of this.

Comment

Oh from 1up im guessing that Pendulum is in the game, what Primal Scream track is it ? only one I can think would be good is Kowalski

Comment

Yeah, Kowalski would have been great, but it's not in there. There are a couple of tracks of the new cd instead.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdmike View Post
                      Is the music licenced ? is there a track listing somewhere ?
                      All the tracks are licensed.

Here are a selection:

1. Elite Force - Presha
                      2. Hyper - Hot Rockin
                      3. Pendulum - Slam
                      4. Spiritualized - Electricity
                      5. Trash Palace - Animal Logic
                      6. Wolf Mother - Woman
                      7. Krafty Kuts - Bass Phenomenom
                      8. Pitch Shifter - Scene this
                      9. Reverend Norton Heat - Big Red Rocket of Love
                      10. Slipknot - Before I Forget
                      11. The Experiment - Cost of Freedom
                      12. Elite Force Lunatic Calm - Leave you far behind
                      13. Nirvana - Breed

Comment

What's the exact number of tracks in the Japanese version?

Comment

Originally posted by HHarm View Post
                          What's the exact number of tracks in the Japanese version?
                          as far as i know its 8

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                            as far as i know its 8
                            Yep 8 tracks:

Sidewinder Gulch
                            Dust Devil
                            Tenderizer
                            Mudpool
                            The Grizzly
                            Raingod Mesa
                            Rock Hopper
                            Coyote Rage

Comment

Fantastic game Rushy, I'm loving it.

Finding level 3 hard but it never feels unfair as you can drive the perfect race if you concentrate. The music is awesome and it controls perfectly. Looking forward to the online and night racing, when is the patch scheduled for?

Comment

I've unfortunately only seen videos of this, but I have to say from a technical point of view what I have viewed is gob-smacking. Congrats on getting something so polished out for launch.

Comment

Working...
                                X