No announcement yet.

Motorstorm (Full version)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It truly is polished to f**k. The feeling in bonnet cam when you're surrounded by the entire pack is unbelievable. Add some fantastic controls and a great soundtrack and even without the patch it's the most fun I've had for some time.

Will they add new tracks as DLC?

Comment

Is there any way to get longer races or is it always 3 laps?

My name always appears as "Player" in the results list. Is there any way to change it?

Comment

got teh jap version here, any idea if we are getting an update with the online modes ect?

Comment

Originally posted by P-Dogg View Post
          Looking forward to the online and night racing, when is the patch scheduled for?
          Originally posted by yesteryeargames View Post
          got teh jap version here, any idea if we are getting an update with the online modes ect?
          The patch is coming, but I can't say when until it has been officially announced.

Originally posted by P-Dogg View Post
          Will they add new tracks as DLC?
          Similar to the previous question, I can't say what the DLC pack(s) will contain until an official announcement.

Originally posted by HHarm View Post
          Is there any way to get longer races or is it always 3 laps?
          Not yet.... Online will support up to 5 laps.

Originally posted by HHarm View Post
          My name always appears as "Player" in the results list. Is there any way to change it?
          Its tied into your PS3 profile. Change your name on the dashboard.

Hopefully I'll be able to discuss when the patch/DLC is coming and what it'll contain soon, but as of yet I'm unable to talk about it. Thanks for your patience though, and thanks for the comments

Comment

This new article might give you a few clues as to what we're planning for DLC:

Latest news, sport, business, comment, analysis and reviews from the Guardian, the world's leading liberal voice

Think new stages, new gameplay modes, new options, new vehicles, new liveries and more.

Comment

Woohoo, great news Rushy.

As I said, loving the game, easily the highlight of PS3 so far

Comment

Originally posted by Rushy View Post
                Its tied into your PS3 profile. Change your name on the dashboard.
                Mine also only displays as Player even with the profile changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101 View Post
                  Mine also only displays as Player even with the profile changed.
                  I'm guessing the first time the game was saved your profile was then called Player?

Create a new PS3 profile, boot up the game and see whether it uses the new profile name or not.

Anyway....

Pitch your questions to the MotorStorm Developers (including myself) tonight:

On Friday, February 9th at 4PM PST (Midnight GMT), we'll be holding a chat with the MotorStorm Dev Team! Come by and meet with the developers and producers, and ask them any questions you may have about the game. We'll have Simon Benson, Nigel Kershaw, John McLaughlin and Paul Rustchynsky on hand, so we hope to see you all there!
                  See you guys tonight

Comment

I had the same problem since purchase with "player" and my account was already created with right name, it just wont alter.

I was disapointed with Motorstorm and just sold it to a friend today after trying for last few weeks with it. For me it just feels half finished.

Graphics seem good but bumper camera on your vehicle the detail can be very low (ie the mud on the bonnet and it being damaged) and I was very disapointed their was no cockpit mode with steering wheel etc... If you want the real graphics you have to switch to behind view on vehicles but then the sense of speed is lost. Bikes you do not even have a handlebar camera just two chase cameras, the sense of speed on them is better in contrast though. The sixaxis needs altering for the bikes as well for tilt so you can alter its senstativity.

My main problem with it though is lack of modes, festival is just open a book and win a race get points towards opening the next book and move on, if you loose the race restart. Their is no GP mode or anything like that its, just come first. It's already known about the lack of online so really no point going into that but as the game currently stands it gets very repetative very quickly. I thought when I looked thru the 20books (with up to 4 races in a book) that it would have loads of variety and depth but their is a small selection of courses what are reused over and over at different times of the day all with come first or retry. As you only race each race as a standalone event it makes it feel disjointed as well and no sense of loss if you have to restart.

A lot more could have been done with it, like a Grand Prix table mode for points, a stunt mode, crash mode, proper structured online mode with tables and rankings, offline 2player mode, race mode with point systems say for highest jump in a star system but all we got was a quick race mode really and nothing like the renders we say last year of cockpit modes and amazing crashes.

I like arcade racers (Im currently playing RR7 to death) so I do not have a problem with a limited racing structure but this to me felt more like a tech demo and very bare. For me a...

5/10

Comment

so, anyone go chat with the devs den?

Comment

Being discussed here

Comment

does it make any difference if u come first or not in each event? extra bonus', cars, modes etc?

Comment

Same problem with "Player" here. Only in the full JP game. The demo always displayed my handle correctly.

Comment

You unlock new vehicles as you go along by winning tickets in books (ie 20points for first but you only get them points once) think of it more as a single arcade race, their not connected really. Its just about getting first once getting the points and moving on

Comment

Is this the main Motorstorm discussion thread? Seems quiet...

I've got the game with a US PS3 today, am I correct in thinking I can't play with PAL players online at the moment?

Comment

Working...
                                X