Resident Evil 5 (PS3 / Xbox 360)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait...let me count...

The giant, the fish, the flying thingy (forgot the name) and....Oh I cannot name the last boss.

So there, 4!

If there's more bosses, then I've forgotten them becos certainly, not a single one of them were memorable.

But certainly, there's about 300 set pieces in this game haha

Comment

That's a bit dissapointing. I liked the bosses a lot in RE4.

Comment

Yup...Boss fights in RE4 is simply a matter of skill.

Boss fights in RE5...doing it alone is more a matter of having the correct gun and lotsa Ammo.

Doing it in Co-op = LOL moments...I cannot decide which one I hate more.

Comment

Most of the RE4 bosses (except from Krauser) could be rinsed quite easily though if you just bought a rocket launcher beforehand! Still fantastic though.

Started RE5 earlier, just done chapter 1-1 & 1-2, enjoying it so far i think the negative reviews have been a good thing as they mean i'd lowered my expectations a bit

Presentation wise it's fantastic, loving the typical nonsensical Biohazard plot so far!

James

Comment

Ok, well this gaming is freaking awesome!Was playing co op online with this wicked guy from America and it ran like a dream. The achievements are ace as well. LOVE IT!

Comment

Originally posted by SummAh View Post
              So there, 4!

If there's more bosses, then I've forgotten them becos certainly, not a single one of them were memorable.
              Or maybe you've forgotten them becos you've certainly never reached them?

Comment

Well im enjoying this game so far ( and to the foreseeable end no doubt ) the AI system is nice and sheva makes a great emergency healer, she doesnt seem to react to fast to enemies, but i seem to remember turning off "Partner react to your attacks" when i started, not sure 100% what that does, i thought it was something todo with friendly fire but anyway

Anyhow this is a great game, why? Because it gives you the feeling of tension, anxiety, success, you can plan and take your time, or charge and fight it out etc. And this is what makes great video games - they make you feel things that you wouldnt ordinarily be feeling etc, they pull you in to their protrayed story and you share the characters tension and emotions etc.
                And res5 certainly does that, infact by chapter 2 im already bricking myself

Comment

I'm finding it a bit boring and annoying to play at the moment. I find the inventory a huge chore.

Comment

Done first mission and no great desire to keep going. Tearing is pretty bad with HDMI on 360 with a 1080p screen.

The CPU controller Sheva is also a bit trigger happy.
                    Last edited by smokedog; 12-03-2009, 16:48.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
                      I'm finding it a bit boring and annoying to play at the moment. I find the inventory a huge chore.
                      Inventory is a blag for sure, i'm nearing the latter part now and thats been my one big annoyance with the game so far

And i didn't think the sheva a.i. was that bad until she decided to pick up a proximity mine i'd placed on the ground to lure a certain boss over! the air was blue here when she did that haha!

Comment

Just reached chapter 2-2, surley there are more than 4 bosses in the game Summah said there was 4 but never mentioned

the weird wriggley slimey thing you have to burn in the furnace

for a start.

Also the guys with big Axes and chainsaws are like mini bosses in themselfs too.

Anyway I'm enjoying this, though finding it really awkward to dodge attacks from quicker enemies such as the dogs. Is there a quick turn on the default control scheme? if so, what is it?

Also Sheva seems to use first aid far too often, I like to try and save green herbs to mix with red, but theres hardly any room in your inventory, and when she carries green hrebs she uses them virtualy stright away. Shes getting on my nerves a bit.

Comment

By chapter 2 you shoudl of already fought 2 bosses, they get a special icon on the gps etc

Comment

Okay is there a way to keep sheva in one place? She keeps dying, Ashleys "wait" command helped minimise deaths a bit

Comment

Can someone confirm something for me in the ps3 version. You can pick your online co-op partners from you friends list cant you from the off? The random partner pick was just for the demo wasn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                                Can someone confirm something for me in the ps3 version. You can pick your online co-op partners from you friends list cant you from the off? The random partner pick was just for the demo wasn't it?
                                You could pick your own partner in the demo, you can in the full game also.
                                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X