No announcement yet.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone doing Online Master League? Show us you teams so far!

Need to save up for some wingers and defenders.

Tell you what, for a ham'n'egger player, El Moubarki is decent. Oh Gutierrez too.

Comment

My review copy turned up yesterday when I was working from home. Guess how much work I got done?

It's a bit good isn't it? Played for about four hours straight last night and it just looks, plays & feels so much better than last years effort. I also applied one of the option files out there and have a the kits, emblems and licences stuff done. Looks lovely now.

Only issues this far. Well Jon Beglin or whatever your name is... You're crap mate. Every time his voice comes thru my speakers my eyes roll into my head. Also had a few weird pauses ingame a bit like that demo glitch where you could shield the ball indefinitely. Here it's like the ball is loose in the middle of the pitch and all the AI players on both sides stop and have a fag break for a second or so whilst they plan their next move. Only seen it a couple of times but that's twice in one evening.

Also once youve picked your ML online team can you change it? I picked Man U from the list but only because I was exploring the menus. Now I can't seem to find anywhere you can do that. Get the feeling it's saved online but I don't have a manual with my copy to check that.

Comment

speaking of changing things.....is there a way to change your name in become a legend? I stupidly wrote my name is lowercase, and its sending me slightly wrong in the mind jar, seeing as everyone else's name is uppercase.

<- Typographic groomer.

Comment

Got this the other day but haven't been spending that much time on it. I was crap at it. However, I've made a small but significant change to my game - I've started using the analogue stick.

Before this, I've always been a d-pad man. I've never been able to use the stick, but the stick on this version is essential. Without it, my passes were going astray and I was wondering how people were managing to direct their passes so bloody well.

Comment

Yeah I am the same mate, always used the dpad in previous games but really you have to get into using the analog stick now to get the best out of it. With the new passing its an absolute requirement but for me it only took a few hours to sink in and now I am really seeing the benefits.

Comment

The passes are 50/50 if they go the way your pointing the stick unless you do manual passes with L2.

Just got off this and had a weird experience in Master League. Basically, I signed Owen and he gets injured every match I play him and is out for a week. Just got him back in the squad and had a FA cup match with West Ham where he fell over injured again in the first 5 minutes of the game. So to hell with that I reloaded and tried again and he got injured again! 3 times total he got injured in the same match, I just turned it off Also a Korean guy I signed and played him every match since I baught him got red carded and suspended for a few games and he's moaning I don't play him enough

Comment

Originally posted by Btang84 View Post
                Before this, I've always been a d-pad man. I've never been able to use the stick, but the stick on this version is essential. Without it, my passes were going astray and I was wondering how people were managing to direct their passes so bloody well.
                Yeah, I finally moved from dpad to analog for this. I still use dpad for freekicks for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
                  The passes are 50/50 if they go the way your pointing the stick unless you do manual passes with L2
                  Cool. Will have to try that, I dont have a game manual with mine so I've only skimmed through the new controls and left it at that. Have to say, even just button passing with the stick it seems to go exactly where I tell it to?

I've also been pleasantly surprised with how easy it is to apply an option file on the 360. Thank god MS are now supporting USB memory sticks, because of that it's a piece of p1ss. Just grab the option file and a PC application called USB Xtaf Xplorer and use that to copy across all the .BIN files in the option files people have created. Job done, all the correct teams and licencing.

Anyone know if all that stuff works online like it was rumoured when the demo came out?

Comment

Aimar pulling the strings in midfield (Lionel who??) with some pace down the sides. Giuly and Johnson up front get me bags of goals, Johnson in particular seems to play miles better than his stats suggest, takes chances like the player did in his prime
                    Got a win percentage pushing 50% now so i'm happy with that, need to start splashing the cash on a couple of strong defenders now

Comment

Only just arrived to me yesterday but loving it had a few games on professional as need to get more used to it, before top player. The individuality of the players is amazing the difference between the likes of Ibra and Pirlo is staggering as it should be, I love the different types of players. The Techfit kits this year look amazing too can def tell they are on players these little details are PES of old. Playing more to get better and loving this can`t wait til it fully clicks and I get used to all the nuances of it, of which there are many.

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
                        but when the game decides to do you over with poor cursor decisions (even in Semi-Assisted my decisions are being over-ridden), strange AI movement, lack of AI movement, along with a good handful of other erratic stuff, it can make me angry.
                        Oh aye, I've experienced all that and it can be infuriating. Cue lots of effing and blinding.

Comment

Originally posted by Kongster View Post
                          Oh aye, I've experienced all that and it can be infuriating. Cue lots of effing and blinding.
                          Saying that, the good times are outweighing the not so. I reckon it's a PES game that I will play throughout the year again. Unlike the past few versions.

All I've done is MLO. Reckon I should do a little CL campaign later.

Comment

Originally posted by Oh_Mutants View Post

Aimar pulling the strings in midfield (Lionel who??) with some pace down the sides. Giuly and Johnson up front get me bags of goals, Johnson in particular seems to play miles better than his stats suggest, takes chances like the player did in his prime
                            Got a win percentage pushing 50&#37; now so i'm happy with that, need to start splashing the cash on a couple of strong defenders now
                            Good stuff. Could of took a screenshot showing us your player's overall ratings, mind :P

Are you saving up enough money to buy yourself a player and then skinting yourself each time? I am. Always seems like a long path back to be in a position to by another. I don't know how to earn more. It's costing me more to enter a match each time you improve your team. I imagine the competitions are where the big money is, but I am always late to these parties! They need more comps.

Comment

Originally posted by JU! View Post
                              Only just arrived to me yesterday but loving it had a few games on professional as need to get more used to it, before top player. The individuality of the players is amazing the difference between the likes of Ibra and Pirlo is staggering as it should be, I love the different types of players. The Techfit kits this year look amazing too can def tell they are on players these little details are PES of old. Playing more to get better and loving this can`t wait til it fully clicks and I get used to all the nuances of it, of which there are many.
                              I really wouldn't play this on Top Player. Maybe not even Professional. I've knocked it right back to Regular. Lots of other are doing this too, simply because the AI gets silly the higher you go. Not hard to beat, but unconvincing looking in how they pressure you. I say pressure, but it looks more like your player is being homed in on by mad zombies.

It's still a decent challenge on Regular. The AI has changed for the better compared to the last few PES. The last few PES games seemed to have dull AI opposition. No desire to punish you or attack in general. I can safely now say that they will punish your mistakes.

The higher difficulties can just be frustrating most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
                                Saying that, the good times are outweighing the not so. I reckon it's a PES game that I will play throughout the year again. Unlike the past few versions.

All I've done is MLO. Reckon I should do a little CL campaign later.
                                I agree that the good far outweighs the bad, but hopefully Konami will fix the bad and build on everything that's good about this game in PES 2012.

Set up a community and build a stadium in the editor

Comment

Working...
                                X