Pro Evolution Soccer 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
    Good stuff. Could of took a screenshot showing us your player's overall ratings, mind :P
    Lol whoops!...

The way I've approached buying players is to build up my first XI to begin with, at the cost of a decent squad... sold pretty much all my non-playing default players and replaced them with the sunday league, cheap as chips players which has given me the chance to get a few decent players in early on.
    Of course this comes at the price of having a bare bones bench to pick from if players get fatigued but it hasn't really proved too much of a problem so far
    Some of the default players can be released for decent money and for a couple hundred grand more in many cases it's possible to replace them with much better mid-skilled players such as Acosta, O'Hara etc.
    Agreed on Competitions though, there really should be a few more... have only managed to enter one then had to go out so lost all the cash I would've gained from it

Comment

Originally posted by Kongster View Post
      I agree that the good far outweighs the bad, but hopefully Konami will fix the bad and build on everything that's good about this game in PES 2012.

Set up a community and build a stadium in the editor
      Sod 2012 they could fix some of it now in a patch. Loving the game anyway. Its the first in the series to make me grin and remember how rewarding the game used to be before the crap years kicked in. It really is a return to form and the small issues are forgiveable... And fixable.

Comment

Just starting my online Master League now and I've got just over £2 million to spend at the moment and I'm wondering if player stats improve like offline Master League?

Trying to decide weather to buy young or not.

Comment

No it seems they don't unfortunately.

Comment

That's a real shame, real missed opportunity in my opinion. Guessing the games going to be full of World XI teams in a few months then.

Comment

It probably will be, for those that stick it out. It's going to take a lot of games to get there though. You can see my team several posts above and that's after 60-odd games.

At the end of the day, it will be those with the best playing ability, tactics etc who comes out top. I beat a team with Rooney and Ronaldo up front. I think the guy had used that cheat (which has apparently now been sorted) and was clearly just a cheat thinking he'd beat by simply having the best players.

Comment

I used my money to sign Gera and he seems a good value for player money.

Trying to play using a keyboard is bloody hard though, need to try and get my Dual Shock 3 hooked up to my Laptop.

Comment

Playing with keys? haha. Nightmare. You using the classic Q,A,O,P setup?

Comment

I hadn't played with keys since Pro Evo 3, in my head is wasn't as hard as it is now.

Using W,A,D,X with Q as change player and E as sprint.

My only technique is to try and play a quick passing game as dribbling is way too hard. Keep hitting the wrong button too.

Anyone else on PC here?

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
                      It probably will be, for those that stick it out. It's going to take a lot of games to get there though. You can see my team several posts above and that's after 60-odd games.

At the end of the day, it will be those with the best playing ability, tactics etc who comes out top. I beat a team with Rooney and Ronaldo up front. I think the guy had used that cheat (which has apparently now been sorted) and was clearly just a cheat thinking he'd beat by simply having the best players.
                      Exactly. It is (quite correctly) a LONG process to get a team full of decent players and i think, like Hools said, only the dedicated will stick it out anyway. I think the game has an excellent and very well balanced risk/reward system around building up cash anyway, which by deducting a fee to play a match prevents quitters as you only recoup it via gate receipts at the conclusion of the game. This also rewards the better player by giving you more cash for a win and i've beaten my fair share of players who've tried to shortcut it (a team with a group of semi-decent players should always beat somone with a team of defaults plus a Rooney or a Villa here or there)

Comment

I've dived into the Master League Online mode. My question is, how much cash are you getting after winning a game? I've had 3 games and haven't won one.

The first bitch I was up against managed to foul one of my players just as I scored. I got the penalty instead of the goal and he got the red card. The result? Blast the pen over (bastard pen system!!) and he goes down my end and scores a winner which had to be an own goal as well.

Comment

Pens are simple, press shoot for 0.3seconds, release then press left or right for 0.3seconds.

Comment

Yeah, I've got used to them now. I usually find myself sliding them left/right. Not pressing shoot for too long and same with up/down.

Comment

I've only had one penalty and skied it. Then I tried to practice them in training and found there isnt an option to do so? There's set-piece training for corners & free-kicks but nothing for penalties? Seemed a bit odd.

Do they go to the normal behind player view for penalty shootouts?

Also another stupid question (on a roll). How do you tackle now? It seems to have changed slightly unless I am missing something. Usually I would press with the A button and get in a position to steal the ball but in this some of the better players seem to be able to just waltz past me without any trouble.

Still... I am adoring this game. I've got FIFA11 which I've been playing alongside this for the past four days and to be honest I've put FIFA back in the box for now as moving from one to the other was jarring in playing style and I am surprised to say it but I really do prefer PES at the moment.

Comment

Tackling is done a bit differently now. Holding X/A will track and pressure an opponent on the ball. Whilst doing this you have a further two options. To put a foot in, you push the left analog/dpad towards your opponent and to stand off, you push towards your own goal. It easier to run the ball off an opponent who dribbles whilst holding the dash button, but you need to be more patient/aggressive towards a slower more controlled dribbler or a fast highly skilled dribbler.

Comment

Working...
                                X