Dark Souls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Washing Pole is awesome!

My fave weapons on my two dex builds are probably the Uchigatana, Quelaags Furysword and the Silver Knight Spear (such a "safe" weapon when you have a decent shield). There's a decent dex weapon available in the DLC as well

Really want to do a full on strength based build for my next character as not gone down that path yet in either this or Demon's

Comment

I'm currently using a divine halberd but would it be better as upgraded normal or raw?

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
        I'm currently using a divine halberd but would it be better as upgraded normal or raw?
        It really depends on your character's build: if you favour Faith over STR and/or DEX, the Divine attribute is appropriate. Raw weapons aren't that good in the long run as they lower stat bonuses for an higher base damage, so upgraded normal should deal more damage in the end.

Comment

Ah at the moment, faith, str and dex are all around 20 to 22. Extra faith does boost the weapon nicely

Comment

Just sorted out Ornstein and Smough, or - as I prefer to call it - 'Circle Strafing Attritional Boss Battle of Ultimate Cheapness'. Come back QTEs, all is forgiven!

Comment

New patch is out apparently.
              So eat that glitch-whores...

Dark Souls am cry.

Comment

Originally posted by jimtendo View Post
                New patch is out apparently.
                So eat that glitch-whores...

Dark Souls am cry.
                Its probably to do with the DLC coming out any day now.

Comment

dlc is the 26th

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                    Ah at the moment, faith, str and dex are all around 20 to 22. Extra faith does boost the weapon nicely
                    I wouldn't level up any more of those three until you decide which you want to concentrate on.

So if you want to use miracles, concentrate on levelling up faith and that halberd will benefit from the stats bonus (the letter by the stat icons on the weapon stats). Levelling up and spreading your stats more equally is really not the thing to do in the Souls series, as you end up with a far weaker character.

Levelling up VIT and END is almost always a must, then pick one of the others DEX/STR/Faith/INT and base your choice of weapons, equipment and spells around that stat, so your weapon choices scale the best with that particular stat.

Comment

The dlc is splashed all over psn store. Except you get a 'this content is not available' if you click to purchase. Because updated psn store and SCEE are ****e. Content yourself by gazing at the f2p Singstar icon that today's update welded to your dashboard while you wait.

Comment

the patch that dropped the other day is the one thats been out on pc for a wile.
                        nerf to the dark wood grain ring, you now need to be at 25% encumberance to ninja flip with it.
                        wolf ring nerf.
                        back stab dmg reduction.
                        all pyromancies nerfed.
                        bottomless box glitch fix.
                        dragon head glitch fix.
                        and a few other bits n bobs.

the dlc imo is well worth it from a lore point of view which this game has an abundance of if you are paying attention, if you just want to rattle the new content you could do it in a couple hours.
                        for anyone expecting to be able to enter the new content early on .........well you cant, you have to have been to anor londo and obtained the lord vessel first.
                        just a heads up

Comment

the patch that dropped the other day is the one thats been out on pc for a wile.
                          nerf to the dark wood grain ring, you now need to be at 25% encumberance to ninja flip with it.
                          wolf ring nerf.
                          back stab dmg reduction.
                          all pyromancies nerfed.
                          bottomless box glitch fix.
                          dragon head glitch fix.
                          and a few other bits n bobs.

the dlc imo is well worth it from a lore point of view which this game has an abundance of if you are paying attention, if you just want to rattle the new content you could do it in a couple hours.
                          for anyone expecting to be able to enter the new content early on .........well you cant, you have to have been to anor londo and obtained the lord vessel first.
                          just a heads up

Comment

Is the DLC already out for consoles? Shouldn't it be out the 26th?

Comment

The dlc was there on 360 when I checked this afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                                Is the DLC already out for consoles? Shouldn't it be out the 26th?
                                Meant to have been available today, according to big article on official psn site: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/...-on-psn-today/
                                Last edited by Golgo; 24-10-2012, 20:54.

Comment

Working...
                                X