No announcement yet.

Call of Duty Ghosts review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They need to pull their fingers out with the dedicated server support, dtill not running and Activision is being very coy about timeframes for it

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
      They need to pull their fingers out with the dedicated server support, dtill not running and Activision is being very coy about timeframes for it
      I agree it featured in all the pre launch hyoe and now there is no info apart they are being rolled out gradually

Comment

Anyone on here played it on PS4 yet (USA) or Xbox One (PAL) to check for lag?

Comment

Originally posted by jim g View Post
          Anyone on here played it on PS4 yet (USA) or Xbox One (PAL) to check for lag?
          I have been playing on Xbox One, Its the usual story for me and my friend though.. I run 100mb Virgin Media Wired whilst he is running his 60mb Virgin but through a WiFi range extender, we have no problems what so ever with any delay or lag but then we didn't in the previous Call of Duty games either (didn't play Black Ops II much)

However on maybe 2 or 3 games I did experience horrible lag we're talking couldn't even walk and turn properly let alone shoot, I couldn't direct my player through an open door without being zoomed in so I moved slower, its happened in a couple of games now but I never had that in MW3? The last game it happened in I was tearing people up in FFA and I got to 21-5 or something and it just changed to that, it made it impossible to play and lasted for the rest of that game (I ended up coming 2nd) but the game after it was back to normal again.

I was under the assumption that all these games were on dedicated servers from launch no? Seems pretty poor if they haven't implemented it as they promised..

Comment

PS4 version is obscenely pin sharp, thought it played better too earlier until the mp crashed to menu and it said Activision server gone offline. Dedicated servers hitting?

Comment

Originally posted by Olly C View Post
              I was under the assumption that all these games were on dedicated servers from launch no? Seems pretty poor if they haven't implemented it as they promised..
              the 360/PS3/PS4 versions use dedicated servers if slots are free and if the server is available within range of the player, otherwise it drops back down to P2P.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                the 360/PS3/PS4 versions use dedicated servers if slots are free and if the server is available within range of the player, otherwise it drops back down to P2P.
                Is Xbox One meant to be on that list too?

Comment

Originally posted by Olly C View Post
                  Is Xbox One meant to be on that list too?
                  No, Xbox One will use MS' servers, and that scales depending on the need. So everyone on XBO should be on dedicated servers, and every other game.

Comment

Played a few games on my shiny new PS4 and it is a different game so far to the PS3 game. Graphics aside (which are great and I can now see the other players) the lag effect is minimal or not there, so far so goo. I will play Killzone later to compare

Comment

Well played for a couple of hours on ps4 and a bag of ****e. Plays like black ops rather than MW. Full of campers with silencers.

Comment

Originally posted by IainGamer View Post
                        Plays like black ops rather than MW
                        Although I haven't got around to playing it that much due to a Fifa addiction I thought the same from my initial impressions everyone had told me it was "****e and was basically the same as MW3" and I was excited because I love MW3, but when I started playing it to me it felt far more like the Black Ops games which I didn't really enjoy all that much

I've yet to get fully into this yet and I guess the game will change a bit of the course of the year like MW3 did, I bought the Hardened Edition with the Season Pass so I'll get new content every now and then to try out and maybe I'll get into it, for me it isn't beating MW3 in my books though however far from perfect that game was.

Comment

To me this is a different kettle of fish from MW3 or BO. BO, despite the flaws of the killstreaks etc is still very old school CoD with 3 path maps and limited verticality whereas this is a maze of routes with the least killstreak reliance since CoD4. No camping either, after hours of play there still isn't an area you can sit in for long as there are too many approaches to cover for the equipment you can carry.

Comment

I quite like the changes to be honest and I despised MW3 and really like BO.

I wish they had 18 players in all modes though and not just ground war. The bigger level design could use it.

Comment

BO was my favourite of the COD series. Ghosts doesn't feel anything like BO/BO2. Treys use of analogues always felt looser & more comfy than IWs stiff controls.

Having said that, I do actually like Ghosts more than MW3 & the worst of the bunch MW2.
                              Maps are nice & big with plenty of paths. They look nice & varied. Weapons seem good. There's some nice new killstreaks in there, & weapons customization is well laid out, despite the token collection taking forever to accumulate for me.

The (s)lag is absolutely terrible at times tho.

Comment

Well on PS4 it is kind of back too normal with lag, some games are good, and others are terrible. My brother was round yesterday and he could't believe the difference between my playing experience to his at his house. Definite lag in loads of games. Both of us have Bt Infinity 2, I am 68MB he is on 50MB. my ping is typically around 30. hey ho that is life with COD.

Killzone seems much seems much better, but of course it is a different rather than the twitch gaming of COD.

still love my PS4 and the future looks amazing!

Comment

Working...
                                X