No announcement yet.

Latest PS3 Firmware Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started playing Killer 7 and GoW2 the other day on my PS3 so i'll be intrested to see how they look.

But the DVD upscaling is the real joy for me cause ive been watching some dvd's on my HDTV with the PS3 and they look crap to be blunt. So hopefully things will improve with this update.

Comment

I wonder what GT4 will look like?
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Not sure actually, just enable prog scan I guess considering it supports 1080i already?
        Originally posted by Keith View Post
        Because he's a massive nerd.
        Why you little! *shakes fist*

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
          Not sure actually, just enable prog scan I guess considering it supports 1080i already?
          Yer, that's what I meant like. It might confuse the PS3 into explosions or sommat!
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101 View Post
            Upscaled Odins Sphere? I think I may just mess my pants
            Yep - thought of that just after I'd posted about DMC3. Never have I been so excited at the prospect of playing a boatload of games I already own.

Comment

Cool, i just picked up RE4, never got round to playing it. This will help a
              lot ! Hopefully, they will allow us to put folders in the video folder ASWELL !

Comment

Does anyone know, will the games just be upscaled ala DVD or will the PS3 actually render in 720p/1080p/whatever??

Comment

According to an insider at AVS, this is meant to feature many new things not mentioned on the press release, including 1080p/24 and Blu-Ray downscaling to 720p.

Comment

It's been confirmed by both SCEE & SCEA for tomorrow now and it will upscale games & DVDs to 1080p.

http://www.scee.presscentre.com/Con...72&NewsAreaID=2
                    "SCEE said in a press statement that the latest firmware update upscales DVDs and old PS1 and PS2 games to full 1080p resolution on compatible HD TVs."

Comment

Will it upscale over component or just HDMI?

Comment

DVD's certainly won't be 1080p over Component due to lamer studio paranoia, but games will probably work over Component in 1080p fine.

Comment

Surely if PS1&2 games are upscaled to 1080p, and DVDs are upscaled to 1080p...PS3 games should be able to be upscaled to 1080p as well?

It wouldn't bother me except that my TV overscans a wee bit at 720p, but not 1080p.
                          Last edited by Keith; 23-05-2007, 21:20.

Comment

Will it upscale to 720p/1080i too? I don't have 1080p.
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Fargo View Post
                              Will it upscale over component or just HDMI?
                              Originally posted by SCEE
                              "DVD-ROM (including DVD Video content) can only be upscaled with HDMI compatible TV sets."
                              There will definately be issues with DVDs as Shakey_Jake33 said. Eventually, HD content will be via HDMI only...but not for a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                                Will it upscale to 720p/1080i too? I don't have 1080p.
                                It does say that it will "upscale TO 1080p" so you'll have to read your own meaning into that. we'll know tomorrow though...

Comment

Working...
                                X