Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indeed, the rise of DLC has nothing to do with Achievements, its just a business model that has appeared in recent years, and in all honesty was inevitable in the end.

Most games still have plenty of unlocks for doing stuff, so personally I don't see the issue myself. I think Achievements are fine as long as they are used right, there are some completely pointless ones out there, and ones that you would never get unless you play a game constantly (Gears - Seriously for example). Also I am not in favor of achievements that are based on online play as that is unfair to people who nver play Borderlands co-op for example.

Otherwise I don't see anything wrong with them, as i they push me to play a games that little bit more, or go back to a game 6 month later that I would otherwise just forget about.

Not saying I will miss them on the WiiU, just disappointing the Nintendo has not managed to get them in for launch.

Comment

First reviews be seen from IGN:

NintendoLand 8.7 - great fun even in single player
      New SMB U 9.1 - better than all the other NSMB games.

Comment

Yes, DLC is the much bigger problem facing the games industry. Even Nintendo has turned to the dark side now, so there's pretty much no hope left at all.

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
          Yes, DLC is the much bigger problem facing the games industry. Even Nintendo has turned to the dark side now, so there's pretty much no hope left at all.
          THE MOST ANNOYING thing in the history of DLC, has to be on xbox when you try and search for newest DLC content and you have to literally trawl through pages, upon pages of rock band(etc) dlc.

Soul sapping.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
            First reviews be seen from IGN:

NintendoLand 8.7 - great fun even in single player
            New SMB U 9.1 - better than all the other NSMB games.
            Promising start.
            Last edited by MartyG; 15-11-2012, 17:57.

Comment

Originally posted by PaTaito View Post
              THE MOST ANNOYING thing in the history of DLC, has to be on xbox when you try and search for newest DLC content and you have to literally trawl through pages, upon pages of rock band(etc) dlc.

Soul sapping.
              I've stop bothering browsing the what's new stuff - I initiate DLC downloads via xbox.com now for stuff I'm specifically looking for, rather than having a random browse. It's become a joke.

Comment

Isn't the PS3 much much worse for that? The new look PSN thing is the eyebleedingest thing I've ever seen. So glad I don't give a crap about any of this. If I was actually invested in modern gaming at all, this kind of stuff would drive me absolutely mental.

Comment

I've not looked - it could be improved though just by listing the new DLC in game related folders ordered by date and within those folders specific DLC ordered by date - sensible and stops the listings getting swamped by those guilty of DLC overload.

Something that should be adopted by everyone selling DLC (to try and keep it on topic )

Comment

Here's a round up of scores

Comment

The more footage of N SMB I see, the more excited by it I get. I hadn't pre-ordered a copy but will deffo pick one up on launch day.
                      as for the achievement debate I couldn't even tell you my 360 score as I long since stopped caring about achievements.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG EDD View Post
                        Well, that's 2 games for launch. Need a third; probably ZombiU as its exclusive. Unless it's the WiiU equivalent of Red Steel.

Comment

Thanks for posting that.

I had no interest in the Wii U & presumed that Mario Bros Wii was like New Super Mario Bros. A good game but simple and for first timers. This new game appears to be a 2D Mario but Nintendo are actually putting their backs into it...

When is the Wii U released in the UK?

Comment

I really do keep thinking about trading in NintendoLand during release week and wonder how much they'll give me.
                            I might be able to get $50 through a private sale though...which would be a nice offset for the premium edition.
                            And now thinking about NSMBU...Dammit. Well, I do need a game for launch and ZombiU...I remember Red Steel at Wii launch only too well sadly.

Comment

I cant see ZombiU becoming another Red Steel. I very much doubt Nintendo would have included it in an official package if they had any doubts about its quality. I have got to say after a few weeks of negativity about the Wii U, including from myself, the closer launch comes im getting giddily excited about a new Nintendo console. Luckily the Mrs in her infinite wisdom decided to pre-order me one in September in secret as i rather foolishly cancelled my own a few weeks back.

Comment

Originally posted by gambit6613 View Post
                                I cant see ZombiU becoming another Red Steel. I very much doubt Nintendo would have included it in an official package if they had any doubts about its quality. I have got to say after a few weeks of negativity about the Wii U, including from myself, the closer launch comes im getting giddily excited about a new Nintendo console. Luckily the Mrs in her infinite wisdom decided to pre-order me one in September in secret as i rather foolishly cancelled my own a few weeks back.

Wow, impressive wife.

Comment

Working...
                                X