Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post everytime you get ANYTHING retro. We want to know (^v^)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day off work today, and postie arrives with the Super Game Boy I forgot I won a while back. Then that reminded my I had a backlight kit to fit to my original Game Boy. Not the easiest thing in the world to photograph, I'm really pleased with the end result though.

This is the kit - http://www.nonelectronics.com/catalo...hjtjdqfcu5nr14

Now I can play Tetris in the dark!! If only this was around 20 years ago

Comment

Gotta ask with these GB backlights, are they as bright as they appear or is the photo making it look too bright to be playable? (I've see nthe same effect on other photos of the devices)

Comment

You can just add a resistor to dim the LED if you like. They're not as bright as the photos mind.

Comment

How easy is it to fit that back light kit? I'd bloody love one...

Comment

It's pretty fiddly, but not that difficult.

Comment

Anyone in the UK offer a fitting service for this?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                  All for nothing too, you jammy git :P

Comment

Originally posted by Cauterize View Post
                    Gotta ask with these GB backlights, are they as bright as they appear or is the photo making it look too bright to be playable? (I've see nthe same effect on other photos of the devices)
                    Like speed said, it's not as bright as the photos :-) if I could work a camera properly I'd try and get a proper shot of it!

And the supply different resistors depending on the colour kit being ordered now, so they must have had feedback about it before.

Comment

Amazing haul at the top there, SNES stuff makes me weak at the knees!!

Love the backlit GB too, superb stuff!

Comment

Thank you Super Monkey Balls!

Comment

Sick.

Really need to get me a Mega CD.

Comment

There's so many ways to make them regionfree/multiregion now, it's great!

The flash carts can do it, then there's MultiBIOS, and the relatively new regionfree Japanese bios :-)

Go on!!!

Comment

Even a PAL Mega CD is gonna cost me like 35 still.

I'm tempted to get a Mega Drive 2 / Mega CD 2 setup. Add an Everdrive to that and I'm laughing.

With a few mods that is.
                              Last edited by speedlolita; 06-09-2011, 20:38.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                                You'd be surprised what you find in a charity shop. I got about 9 NTSC-U Cube games from one in Kingston almost a year ago now. Nothing that great, but still. Also found a Persona 2 for PS1 (NTSC-U) in one. They wanted a tenner though.. No thanks.
                                I checked out a local one, and all I found were some cardigans and a Hero Quest board game
                                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X