Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Relationship Thread-Good, Bad or Indifferent.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah - just send her a card.

Comment

Self control and maturity is all you need, it's her 21st, a 'big' birthday. By doing the decent thing you'll feel better about yourself (you must be wanting to do it otherwise you wouldn't be asking), she'll think you're genuine and you have the power to leave it that. Sorted.

Comment

Well, after finally starting to feel normal again after my break-up a few months ago I was hit by the news yesterday that not only is my ex now seeing someone (which was inevitable i guess), but that said new boyfriend is someone I know.

I am totally and completely broken... can't even begin to describe what it's like

Comment

See, I've never had a girlfriend ( >.< ), I guess I have all this coming?

Comment

Originally posted by suicidepirate
            Well, after finally starting to feel normal again after my break-up a few months ago I was hit by the news yesterday that not only is my ex now seeing someone (which was inevitable i guess), but that said new boyfriend is someone I know.

I am totally and completely broken... can't even begin to describe what it's like
            Something like this happened to me once. It is really hard to get your head around, for sure. To know that the person you spent so much time with, and no doubt did the nasty with, is getting served by one of your homies.

If you keep thinking about it though, you will end up driving yourself insane.

Go and get drunk, impulse buy something nice for yourself, go and beat one out - but try to not think about this mate of yours apricots-deep in your ex-missus.

Comment

Originally posted by seany1979
              ...try to not think about this mate of yours apricots-deep in your ex-missus.
              What a gentle, sensitive turn of phrase you have. Your future as forum agony uncle is secure

Comment

Time to distract yourself again and get used to the idea, lots of sage advice in this thread so do what ever you did before and do it again!

Comment

Originally posted by MattyD
                  What a gentle, sensitive turn of phrase you have. Your future as forum agony uncle is secure
                  It's the way I tell 'em.

Just trying to show the harsh realities to these kids, Matty - but I don't want to dress it up, like. Get to the point is what its all about

Comment

I know, lots of good advice here. I just feel, i don't know dudes, i just feel pointless. In spite of lots of work and other such distractions i haven't been able to get my mind off the pain. Luckily none of my friends are twats so this guy was not a friend, just someone i used to know from work; i'm still disappointed that it is someone i know (however vaguely) though. The real heart-imploder is just the fact that it acts as a confirmation that we will never get to work it out now.

The last time i felt so bad inside was when my dad died. I'm not exactly a young pup: i've had my fair share of relationships and losses so i'm not being melodramatic or romantic; this one just feels different.
                    Last edited by suicidepirate; 17-10-2006, 19:32.

Comment

like seany said, onanism is the key.

if theres no-one to love you, love yourself

ahem

Comment

Originally posted by kernow
                        like seany said, onanism is the key.

if theres no-one to love you, love yourself

ahem
                        Oh, **** I thought you said Oni-ism! For a moment I imagined that 007/Cobra was back!

Comment

I'm sorry things have turned out the way they have for u mate.
                          To be dumped is 1 thing, but for your ex to find another fella that u know is probably the crowning 'turd in the waterpipe'.

Seany may sound a little harsh but his words do make sense. The 1st thing you're gonna think of everytime u see him is that he's the 1 who's gonna be imtimate with your ex. You're gonna have horrible images in your head of whats happening, but please dont waste your life or even a few months/yrs of your life worrying about this sort of thing. Trust me because I speak from experience & I wish I'd just got on with my life & not worried & obsessed like i did.
                          Your worries & grief will subside with time. Just have a great time with your mates & enjoy your life.

All the best mate. I really mean it!!

Comment

Well, my exe (now of 2 months? - check the start date of this thread ) just came over to pick up some more of her stuff, we chatted, it was civilised, I didn't breakdown into pool of tears; I am now a proper man, time to go and do some proper man stuff like smoke a cigar...or take apart my cars engine and rebuild it again from scratch. 8)

Man she is sooooooo hot still though, bet she was trying her damndest to impress me again Bitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Tankshell
                              Well, my exe (now of 2 months? - check the start date of this thread ) just came over to pick up some more of her stuff, we chatted, it was civilised, I didn't breakdown into pool of tears; I am now a proper man, time to go and do some proper man stuff like smoke a cigar...or take apart my cars engine and rebuild it again from scratch. 8)

Man she is sooooooo hot still though, bet she was trying her damndest to impress me again Bitch.
                              post pix please!

Comment

Originally posted by bignige
                                post pix please!
                                Pics as requested (excuse me being a knob in one of the pics) and get this....I just got a txt from her (she left the flat about 2 hours ago so has obviously been pondering her descision!) saying "Sorry but I really miss u x"....

FFS
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X