This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    Last week, a girl in my office asked if I could help her with something.
    I meant to say:
    "Can I come over to you in a minute?"

What I actually said was:
    "Can I come over you in a minute?"
    Brilliant!

Comment

The sexy girl out on a run I saw this morning while going to the shop

Comment

Originally posted by StuM82 View Post
        The sexy girl out on a run I saw this morning while going to the shop
        Nice.

Getting my new apartment for my to move into in March. Huzzah. Next month my irk shall be "moving". orz

Comment

The sexy new engineer that's been assigned to my area, that came to fix a pump. Clueless on how to fix anything, but I suspect thing's may break more often now.

Comment

Originally posted by gware View Post
            The sexy new engineer that's been assigned to my area, that came to fix a pump. Clueless on how to fix anything, but I suspect thing's may break more often now.
            I'm pretty sure that's the plot to a lot of "films"...

Comment

Originally posted by gware View Post
              Lucky you, I wish my girlfriend was assigned to my area.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                I'm pretty sure that's the plot to a lot of "films"...
                unfortunately that's where the plot similarities ended.

Comment

Being given a promotion (to the job I've actually been doing for ~4 months out of the 6 I've been there) and when I look at the confirmation of acceptance letter they've given me I find they want to put me but on another 3 month probation AND cut my pay by ~$1.50 an hour - so I would have more responsibility for less money? **** that.

Why am I smiling? My boss went to her bosses, pointing out they're giving me a pay cut from my current rate, paying me far less than the person who retired from the position in September, and that they made me take a supervisor-level online interview only to not pay me supervisor rate.

As usually happens, she won.

Promotion+raise+raise again in 3 months = happy.

Comment

Getting a request to check a jamming printer that was creasing the paper and finding a polo mint in the paper pick up

Comment

My wife winning an iPad in a card game last weekend. It puts a smile on my face because now she doesn't ask to borrow my macbook

Also, been trying the comic relief crisps. Jimmy Con Carne actually tastes like Chilli COn Carne. Possibly the first crisps to ever taste like what they say they do, beyond ready salted of course.
                      Last edited by Brad; 10-02-2011, 13:02.

Comment

Nina and the Neurons (kids' TV). She's singing a song about saving the planet. Except she's clearly pretending to ride a bicyle while actually bolted to the back of a truck or something (bolt upright).
                        Last edited by charlesr; 10-02-2011, 17:52.

Comment

Going to the gf's tonight with her driving. We take our turn off the motorway onto the slip road and there is a car changing a wheel on the hard shoulder.

I look to my right at the motorway now above us as a car goes past us with smoke pouring off it's rear tyre which then explodes and the next thing I know the whole wheel tread comes bounding down the embankment like a F1 tyre. And I'm going the tyres coming over! Quick speed up it's gonna get us! And it flew behind us proper action style.

Comment

How pathetic some people on XBL can be. Made a second account just for Blur and today I checked my rep.

Comment

Originally posted by FamiDude View Post
                              How pathetic some people on XBL can be. Made a second account just for Blur and today I checked my rep.
                              Being avoided on the street is bad enough, but online, thats an achievement!

Comment

Working...
                              X