Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ethernet adaptors for Dreamcast aren't cheap!

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
      probaly cheaper to find one of them AOL disks and sign up for some dial up, i remember playing chu chu rocket on a 56k modem god that game was broken over dial-up, i can only imagine what PSO was like

Comment

It was fine. It probably cost my mum more than rent in phone bills, but it was fine. It was the hackers who ruined it.

Comment

Now I need to dig out my old 33.6 modem and hear its connection tones again. When connecting to the internet had to be done during office hours or you'll wake up the whole block.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
            probaly cheaper to find one of them AOL disks and sign up for some dial up, i remember playing chu chu rocket on a 56k modem god that game was broken over dial-up, i can only imagine what PSO was like
            It was glorious!

Used to play a lot of Dreamcast Quake III, PSO and F355 Challenge online and my parents let me a few times a week, as long as I gave them ?1 an hour. Must have cost them more than that on bills!

Comment

PSO was perfect over dial-up. What a wonderful experience. It blew my mind and I spent a long, long time playing that. Had a whole bunch of regular buddies too. No idea who they were or what happened to them since and yet nevertheless it was a real sense of community. For me the DC online functions were a game-changer and anything that happened after was just an extension of what happened on that system.

Comment

It's a real shame I didn't get to play more games online on the DC. I had Quake 3 and the brilliant and rarely mentioned Bomberman Online, but they were US games so they didn't work online

Comment

Worth a shot

:edit: can't do it any more. Shame

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                  Now I need to dig out my old 33.6 modem and hear its connection tones again. When connecting to the internet had to be done during office hours or you'll wake up the whole block.
                  Couldn't you turn your modem speaker off?
                  Last edited by randombs; 07-08-2014, 02:35.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                    Couldn't you turn your modem speaker off?
                    Not on the one I had. I remember when I switched to an internal 56k that didn't had a speaker...pure bliss.

Comment

Apparently you could just desolder the speaker.

Comment

I love these awesomely awful console clones!

EDIT:

I'd actually like a Treamcast! Made in China, it was banned from sale after a short time because Sega successfully got it legally blocked for infringing its patents. But it not only plays real Dreamcast games, it's also region-free and plays back-up discs. Plus look at that screen! Who wouldn't want a a portable Treamcast?

Last edited by QualityChimp; 07-08-2014, 08:30.

Comment

Apparently you could just desolder the speaker.
                          I don't know how to handle a soldering iron now, let alone when the internet was fast with 56kbps.

Comment

Hey, I'm just saying! I didn't even think it was a speaker making that noise.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                              I'd actually like a Treamcast! Made in China, it was banned from sale after a short time because Sega successfully got it legally blocked for infringing its patents. But it not only plays real Dreamcast games, it's also region-free and plays back-up discs. Plus look at that screen! Who wouldn't want a a portable Treamcast?

Ironically, if Sega had used their noodle, they could of simply charged a licence fee for these and sold their official games along side, may of given them some penetration into the billion people in china if the console was cheap enough.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                                Not on the one I had. I remember when I switched to an internal 56k that didn't had a speaker...pure bliss.
                                Jesus. Sega, eh?

Comment

Working...
                                X